Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reliable/Affordable block account provider

beansis's Avatar Pussy Liquor
    I'm looking to get a block account, not sure how much I will download, probably around 200gb to start with

right now I'm considering newsdemon because of the high retention and it's a decent deal with the 20% off discount

blocknews also seems pretty appealing since they're cheap and their accounts never expire

astraweb appears to be a tad overpriced for the retention / amount of gigs they provide

what do you guys think? any good recommendations . . .

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Poster
    Newsdemon is over priced! Not to mention their "block accounts" expire after a year, and if I am not mistaken, I think they rebill at the end of that year. That is not a true block account in the sense as most true usenet-ters know it after all of these years. Also, there retention is about the same as the rest right now as they build towards 400 days. do not let there website fool you with the 400 days thing. They are a highwinds reseller and have the same as any of those guys. About 350 days about?

I have used Blocknews for a long time even back when they werent very competitive on price for block accounts (I used there unlimited accounts). I use there unlimited service right now (Usenetnow) and it is great so unless there is some huge difference between the two which I doubt there would be server wise, you can't go wrong. As you eluded to, there accounts do not expire and they are the cheapest for block accounts right now with no coupon needed. Retention is about 340 days going to 400 too.

Astraweb is good to, you just don't get as much gigabytes for the same price plus no support on weekends if that is a deal breaker for you. With the current retention projection, blocknews will have 400 days, astraweb will have 365 in the end.

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    yeah. . .I'm kinda leaning toward blocknews right now
    seems like the best deal

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    JustDOSE's Avatar look at my meatwad
    Pimpn aint easy ®

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    I use astraweb and I have a block account and I paid 25 dollars for 120 gigs in februrary, still have like 100 gigs.

I never had a problem with astraweb, and as far as I am concern you will be very satisfied with the service.

peace

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    got me some blocknews, getting really really good speeds, even on my shitty connection
    i'm happy about the SSL as well

maybe I'll download less crap now that I have to pay $00.125/gb

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by beansis View Post
    got me some blocknews, getting really really good speeds, even on my shitty connection
    i'm happy about the SSL as well

maybe I'll download less crap now that I have to pay $00.125/gb
    I use astraweb for fills, etc however what I really do is get a whole bunch of nzbs together and use the 3 days 3 dollar deal from this news provider. http://usenetserver.com/en/index.php?

I usually download like maybe 50 gigs though. You can download as much as you want as there is no limit for those 3 days.

I would consider blocknews, but I figure one block account is good for now.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by iscream4u View Post
    I use astraweb for fills, etc however what I really do is get a whole bunch of nzbs together and use the 3 days 3 dollar deal from this news provider. http://usenetserver.com/en/index.php?

I usually download like maybe 50 gigs though. You can download as much as you want as there is no limit for those 3 days.

I would consider blocknews, but I figure one block account is good for now.
    That's a pretty good idea, but if I'm going to pay for downloading I would prefer to have SSL . . .

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ..... BT Rep: +2

Quote Originally Posted by cathy521 View Post
    www.vo
    So wonderful website!
    Do not miss it!
    Careful with clicking on unknown links.
    Last edited by pone44; 08-11-2009 at 02:31 AM.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by cathy521 View Post
    www.fuckspamcathy.com
    So wonderful website!
    Do not miss it!
    What the fuck?
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 08-14-2009 at 05:00 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast