Thread: bmtv problem?!!?

so recently, i got my invites revoked on bmtv because my inviter got his account disabled. ive been a member on on bmtv for 26 weeks, followed all rules, never got warned and am a PU. my inviter was a member for bmtv for 44 weeks and just recently got disabled.

so today i go in to bmtv ot check, and my invites are all gone. i talk to staff and they told me because my inviters account got disabled...i get penalized....shocked, i re-read the rules and faq on bmtv. it says basically "you are responsible for your invitees actions." i tell staff it doesnt' say on their rules or faq that "as an invitee, you are responsible for your inviters actions" staff tell me "its not written on there but i know that rule" ......

how am i to control what my inviter does with his/her account 26 weeks later?!!?! i cant' control that...so why should i get penalized for that. i understand if i iinvite someone to bmtv and they abuse the account, then i get punished..but should an invitee be punished because his/her inviter made poor choices half a year later??!?

what are your thoughts on this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by teamlam View Post
    My thoughts are you got off lightly....by BMTV standards. I've known them to disable everyone in the inviter's tree.

Losing your invites is not the end of the world....you still have your account. Just accept that you have to live by their rules and move on.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Agree. I don't know if you can request invites if they've been removed but if you can; just be a even better member, really,really good and I don't think they'll hesitate to give you an invite if you need to invite a friend of yours.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I think bitmetv rocks.Any tracker that allows you to park your account for 9 freaking months is rockstar status in my book!
    And yeah you kinda got off lightly.They've been known to go to after the ancestors of that invite tree.
    Be merry,you at least have your account,so unless you've been selling the invites on ebay i don't see why you are making such a big deal out of this.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by charliebitme View Post
    Agree. I don't know if you can request invites if they've been removed but if you can; just be a even better member, really,really good and I don't think they'll hesitate to give you an invite if you need to invite a friend of yours.
    I`d wait quite a while before asking for new invites on bitmetv

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Although I feel its a little odd to be responsible for your invitees actions, you did get lucky. Banning someone usually results in the death of their invite tree, especially if its for something like trading.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by teamlam View Post
    so recently, i got my invites revoked on bmtv because my inviter got his account disabled. ive been a member on on bmtv for 26 weeks, followed all rules, never got warned and am a PU. my inviter was a member for bmtv for 44 weeks and just recently got disabled.

so today i go in to bmtv ot check, and my invites are all gone. i talk to staff and they told me because my inviters account got disabled...i get penalized....shocked, i re-read the rules and faq on bmtv. it says basically "you are responsible for your invitees actions." i tell staff it doesnt' say on their rules or faq that "as an invitee, you are responsible for your inviters actions" staff tell me "its not written on there but i know that rule" ......

how am i to control what my inviter does with his/her account 26 weeks later?!!?! i cant' control that...so why should i get penalized for that. i understand if i iinvite someone to bmtv and they abuse the account, then i get punished..but should an invitee be punished because his/her inviter made poor choices half a year later??!?

My thoughts on this is that there's no such thing as fair/unfair on bmtv. Consider yourself lucky you still have your account intact and for your sake I hope you're not using the same nick here as on bmtv. Happy downloading!