Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banned from what.cd by a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Reminds me of TL, they can ban for the wildest sometimes.

Anyway try to practically sit down and go through this mishap with a sysop and/or admin, and if he's friendly and has patience you might be able to get somewhere.
    How can I speak to any of them? I can't even log into what irc server.

I feel like someone in a desert looking for water...
    Last edited by amitge; 08-10-2009 at 05:28 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by amitge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Reminds me of TL, they can ban for the wildest sometimes.

Anyway try to practically sit down and go through this mishap with a sysop and/or admin, and if he's friendly and has patience you might be able to get somewhere.
    How can I speak to any of them? I can't even log into what irc server.

I feel like someone in a desert looking for water...
    If you really wanna be inspector gadget you can try to find them on some popular IRCs such as the tracer channels, or p2p eu chans, etc. Also https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ers-fst-232869 might help.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by amitge View Post
    I'm sorry but I'm not accepting this. They can ban me for no reason, it's their site. But to tell me that I'm a liar, and not even listening to what I have to say and maybe realizing that it REALLY could be a mistake on their side, is just plain wrong.

I freaking invested on what, because I really think it's on of these site that you care about. And their isn't even the smallest reason to ban me... it's not even funny...
    Okay okay, calm down a bit, mate. I'm the guy who designed the technology that searches for duplicate accounts, and I can assure you, it is much more sophisticated than simply comparing IP addresses. When it flags a user, it's right over 99% of the time, which causes the staff to trust it like the gospel. So if you think there isn't even the smallest reason to ban you, well, that's not what it looks like to a busy moderator who has to deal with dozens of these cases per day.

I've gone and reviewed the accounts in question this time, and I'm satisfied that the account owners aren't the same. I have absolutely no idea how this happened - are you sure you don't have any friends or relatives who have been using your computer?

Anyways, your account's been re-enabled, so you can log in again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Your software took over 6 months to find all 5 of my accounts. Besides, I didn't use them for anything. I just wanted a new name(s) as usual.
    Last edited by realityhd; 08-13-2009 at 09:25 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    You seem to not know the old adage "that it's not so important exactly when you die because all that really matters is that you are are dead."

Not that that has anything to do with what you said.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMan View Post
    Anyways, your account's been re-enabled, so you can log in again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    nice to see that some what.cd staff can still treat people without auto-bashing procedures

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12