Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Some people on the hdbits and sdbits staff are weird for the following reasons:

lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by OlegL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lukee View Post

Have you maybe considered that you are in fact retarted? There are 20,000 members who seem to get by just fine. I seriously doubt that each and every one of those members finds the staff weird. I certainly don't. The forums provide an insane amount of knowledge about video encoding, HDTV's etc. The torrents are always on time and well encoded. You are the odd one out of the group.

Go back to mininova where you belong.
    I think you are missing the point I am trying to make. The point is that it requires the IQ of a 7-year old kid to have the ability to upload a full blu-ray. Maybe it requires more IQ and knowledge to re-encode blu-rays if you care about quality encodes, but most people don't upload their own torrents; they only try to keep their ratio at least above a minimum requirement and they are truly grateful when great uploaders do their job. No matter how elite a tracker is, it's not an intellectual place. It is just what it is: a bittorrent tracker.
    You make it seem like running a torrent tracker is the easiest thing ever. HDBits has very high standards which is why they are a symbol of quality in the x264 encoding world. This has nothing to do with the other members either. your talking about the staff. They all have a ton fo work on their backs believe it or not. You just sound like an idiot.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    This is a valid point and I never thought of it before. I guess I understand now why they banned me.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

You make it seem like running a torrent tracker is the easiest thing ever. HDBits has very high standards which is why they are a symbol of quality in the x264 encoding world. This has nothing to do with the other members either. your talking about the staff. They all have a ton fo work on their backs believe it or not. You just sound like an idiot.
    You seem to like it is totally about the point .I think that it is more about how ( as here ) it was addressed .

At least that's the way I view it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    I guess I understand now why they banned me after I said, "If you unban me in the irc channel, I'll immediately upload my stuff."
    But they are way too strict there...
    To be honest with you, some people from the hdbits staff can also be called nice. I know that in my first post here, I called Valerio a fucktard, but I did it because I was angry. He's actually a friendly person with whom someone can have a friendly chat. I remember I was having a few nice conversations with him. (About Obama, for example). Memineours can also be called nice, to be honest. Even when he banned me from sdbits, he was still nice to me. He said to me in a nice way after he disabled my account, "That's not how it works, homie" (he was referring to my "If you unban me in the irc channel.." phrase).
    Last edited by OlegL; 08-27-2009 at 03:44 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    I hate to say this but bit torrent sites are very communistic. The problem with communism is segregation. The better users migrate one direction while the normal every day users beg and try to migrate to where those better users are.

hdbits like oink was obviously has strict standards to keep out the normal weak encoders and push for the better users to commune. I'm sure most of the people on the site are just leeches from that but complaining you can't be apart of a community or can't get on a site while at the same time having nothing to provide up to those standards... well what do you expect?

You can beg, grovel, go out of your way to break the rules to try to get into that community (trading) but what does that make you? Regardless if you're on the site you're still as worthless as the masses who are not on the site but want it. Joining good sites comes from commitment not begging.

I wish more people realized this...

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    Joining good sites comes from commitment not begging.
    I totally agree. And I totally agree with your comment about me being worthless. But I never said I wanted to join hdbits again. I felt worthless there and felt horrible about it, so I would not want to experience that feeling again. This thread is about the horror I experienced there, but I don't think I ever said that I wanted to join hdbits again.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    "If you unban me in the irc channel, I'll immediately upload my stuff."
    That really fucked you over. Why did you upload your stuff when you weren't banned?

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Its easy to come across arrogant stuck up admins at some private trackers. They know you need them more than they need you. They know that in real life they are too nerdy to be cool or get a GF so they act like they are big shots cause they are buddies with some dude who runs a tracker.

Admins make you jump through hoops just cause they can. Look at torrentleech.org, they know they are in demand so they make you fill out a captcha every time you login. I had a 4.0 ratio and those cunts banned me for no reason.

A good solution is to pay 10$ a month for usenet server access. Fast, reliable and you dont have to seed back and kiss some admins ass.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    "If you unban me in the irc channel, I'll immediately upload my stuff."
    That really fucked you over. Why did you upload your stuff when you weren't banned?
    Did you mean to ask, "Why didn't you upload your stuff when you weren't banned?" I didn't do it because my hdbits ratio was below 0.7 and I already had more than 300 GBs downloaded from there. I didn't have a seedbox at that time, so with my adsl connection, it would have taken me like 2 or 3 weeks to bring my ratio to the number higher than 1. So, I wanted to wait for my hdbits ratio to rise above that level and I wanted to upload my DVDs to sdbits after that. But, as you know, when I was waiting, I was banned from the irc channel. (I already mentioned before why I had been banned from the channel.) So, I told them the phrase that really fucked me over: I was banned from sdbits and hdbits because of that phrase. By the way, in the recycle bin section of the hdbits forums, you will probably find my thread titled "LOL, made 5 attempts to login" or something like that. I started complaining about my sdbits ban in that thread, so I was banned from hdbits too.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Since you are not an idiot,i'll go with you being very gullible.You were banned for no reason and you do have every right to be angry.Just coz people disagree with how you have approached the situation,it doesn't necessarily mean you are wrong.I can't recall people being banned as an after thought over smart ass comments.
    Immature,more than meets the eye and of course the politics.But its their site anyways,aint it?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast