Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: btmusic's invites

ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I love quality of uploads on Pedro's, but with some of the politics in running the site, I have to wonder what the purpose of being a member is. It's not like a site with uploaders, VIP and staff only would run very well.
    You'd be surprised. That's more or less how E runs.

You seem to be under the impression that you "deserve" invites just because you have an old account. Not sure how you got that impression, quite frankly I was surprised they had that system in the first place. Invites are a privilege, not a right. They were taken a way in part because too many crappy people were being invited.

You want invites? Try uploading. You only have to upload one CD every 3 months to maintain the status... if that's a huge burden for you perhaps you should rethink how committed you are to the site.

As for overseeding, don't even get me started on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    ^^ well said.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Actually it isn't how E runs. I have never felt that way about E. I have never got my ratio red from seeding too much from albums, that I seeded for ages and often as only seed. I have had one invite request rejected, but after talking it over with staff explaining my motives, I was asked to apply for same invite again, this time being granted.

If you think my ratio went red on Pedro's from seedboxing new torrents then think again.

Those sites are not comparable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ca_aok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Night0wl View Post
    I love quality of uploads on Pedro's, but with some of the politics in running the site, I have to wonder what the purpose of being a member is. It's not like a site with uploaders, VIP and staff only would run very well.
    You'd be surprised. That's more or less how E runs.

You seem to be under the impression that you "deserve" invites just because you have an old account. Not sure how you got that impression, quite frankly I was surprised they had that system in the first place. Invites are a privilege, not a right. They were taken a way in part because too many crappy people were being invited.

You want invites? Try uploading. You only have to upload one CD every 3 months to maintain the status... if that's a huge burden for you perhaps you should rethink how committed you are to the site.

As for overseeding, don't even get me started on that.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Regardless as to whether you're an uploader there, E is completely driven by its uploaders/VIP as half the staff are either inactive or apathetic towards the site. The vast majority of posts, comments, and downloads are from Uploaders+, and I'd estimate at least 50% of the active userbase of the site is Uploader+, if not more. You might feel less oppressed there (due to their lack of overseeding rules), but that doesn't make your statements more true.

As for your issues with overseeding at Pedro's, I sympathize with your plight. If you check the threads on overseeding at E (and at Pedro's if they weren't deleted after the staff incident a few months back) you'll see I was vocally outspoken against the overseeding arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    you cannot request invites because you aer a noob. so wait your turn to transgress to the next userclass. Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i'm not sure that Pedro's need people who aren't uploaders or/and power users = users who make a donation. Uploading 1 cd per 13 weeks isn't so difficult. And yeah i realy respect their overseeding policy. It's just a great example of a tracker there you don't need a seedbox to keep a good ratio.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa
    only uploaders and above can invite ppls to get there

btw:as far as i know...Pedro's is better for those whose connection speed isn't that good...
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    pretend's Avatar Is this it? BT Rep: +1
    Speed doesn't matter at all. Any idiot capable of slowing down it in client if it's really that high.
    Those, who has speedy connection, may wait another hour while downloading from slow peer, if they really care about music and not about traffic.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by pretend View Post
    Speed doesn't matter at all. Any idiot capable of slowing down it in client if it's really that high.
    Those, who has speedy connection, may wait another hour while downloading from slow peer, if they really care about music and not about traffic.
    aha. and if they really really really care, they will cross the world and follow the favourite band on their tour. as i said at their forums, i don't mind about protecting low speed peers but there are better ways to protect them without fearing of the high speeds by tuning the ratio system, while instead of that, btm just require extra attention from its users. the tracker should be around music, not around ratio problems, don't you think?
    Last edited by kukushka; 09-15-2009 at 07:53 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lisabritpop View Post
    only uploaders and above can invite ppls to get there
    Making the invite, a reward for those who really do something around there.

Quote Originally Posted by lisabritpop View Post
    btw:as far as i know...Pedro's is better for those whose connection speed isn't that good...
    ( if youre there, you shouldn't be )

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast