Thread: How to use the server serviced by server.lu

flyinjune

Urgent

hi, i just rented a delicated server from server.lu and plan to use it as a seedbox. but i am a totally new user, and i found currently I don't know how to use it.

i have already received email from server.lu and was told the host, IP and Win Admin information. but i just don't know how to access the server.

now i firstly powered on my server in the customer panel, and it tells me the power-on porcess is sucessful, and then i put my host address in my web-browser, such as IE or Firefox, but i cannot access the server at all. is there anything wrong?

thank you very much for the help.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    . BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    is it windows server or Linux

if its windows server u can log in trough Remote Desktop Connection

if its Linux 'CentOS' u need VNC Viewer to log in

if its Linux Ubuntun u need nx client to log in
    Last edited by waeldiab; 12-08-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    xuxoxux's Avatar Reader BT Rep: +4
    If it's linux:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...nubuntu-281331

That should satisfy your needs for configuring your server as a seedbox.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    It was windows, and I believe he got it working now (read that in another forum)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    How does one get a seedbox working with windows vista,xp or 7? I could not figure out how it works or how to transfer files so i never used it. Also who had root access and could see the tracker keys. It was a tflux shared sb.