Thread: Any Insights/Guides To Install Apple On "Intel PC"

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Yeah don't say Google, I'll do that eventually...when I get ready to do it.

First off, is their any pain the ass things to get it to work? I've never even looked into it, but I've always though about it.

Also, what would be the "best" OS version to get or should I wait for, is it "Snow Leporad"?
    [center]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    Yeah I actually got it to work before, There are actually hacked versions of the dvd's for Intel-based pc's the one i used was hackintosh kaylway Snow Leopard osx86 i believe. It actually shows you the steps after the bootloader and just before you continue into the installation. It installed pretty easy on my pc, it was a little buggy and getting sound and wireless to work was a bit of a pain but i got it running though, but this was a while ago and i actually read if you use a retail version its more stable and they have other ways to do it now. you can find out more from insanely mac in the osx86 section.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Cool, I'll be looking into it soon, well maybe if Wireless isn't a pain and what not.
    [center]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    dadelor's Avatar Supercalafragalistic BT Rep: +4
    Yeah the new ones actually have the drivers for the devices so it shouldnt be a problem.
    The newer one i just found is iAtkos v7 check it out.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I just seen a new updated version of Snow Leporad just came out. I'll see if I can dig up some tuts to hack it myself
    [center]

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    It's already been patched for hacking use, love
    Last edited by Jerusalem; 08-14-2009 at 09:35 PM.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    Is it available on usenet or is it purely a Torrent D/L?
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    So I tried installing many hackintosh versions on my laptop (which is an hp dv2418ca). iPC osx86 (10.5.6) was the closest to working for me of all of the releases I tried. iAtkos and iDeneb both failed at some point when installing or when trying to boot. The only problem I had with iPC was getting ethernet drivers to work. I tried many many things but nothing worked for me. Wired ethernet (intel pro/100 ve) just didn't want to work although some people had successes with kext modifications which I did try to no avail. Wireless (intel pro wireless 3945abg) didn't work at the time for anyone. Thus, the OS would boot and everything would work fine except for internet access, which imho is utterly crucial for a computer to be of any use. Anyway, I plan on trying again in the future. GL!