Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for music tracker(not what/waffles)

n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    torrents.ru is a goldmine.. thats for sure

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    ^ That it is.

Alternatively, you can also use warez forums for music(in particular funkysouls & warez-bb, but there's also a ton of blogs out there). Most of them have a ton content. What/Waffles are usually my last stops(the lossless trackers being my first) if none of these other sites/slsk has what I'm looking for.

As for the security of Soulseek, it works kind of like a torrent client where you can see whoever's ip that you're connected to. I still use it though, and love it. I've found music on it that wasn't to be found any trackers.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Keeping a good ratio on these sites comes down to hardwork and being a little smart in the process,granted you won't make it anywhere if you just leech and seed without uploading your own stuff.
    If you have axx to 0day music then try and upload some of that.3 good albums in a day can get you real far.
    Also remember that these aren't music only sites.You can upload comics and ebooks too.If you look at the comics section on demonoid you'll notice a name that features in almost all of the uploads.ask him nicely to allow you to share some of his stuff,alot of people have this on RSS and am sure you are going to get a descent amount of upload once you put them up.

Ebooks are everywhere these days and i'd point you to avaxhome as an example.Test the reading materials then settle on the ones that you think people have shown most interest in and if you have the time,make it a regular affair.

People also tend to have an affinity for music charts.Btjunkie used to be the place that i got them from though am not sure if they are still around anymore.Also you should look into world music charts.There are sites that track the top 20 jams of a couple of countries(kohit.net is an example)bundle these into a pack and they'll get you the kind of upload that you want.
    Its easy but it just takes a little hardwork.You'll enjoy the sites once you are done with this.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    Soulseek has a great amount of content. It's really great for all kinds of music, but even better if you're into more obscure indie rock, punk, or various types electronic music.

I can't really comment much about security, but I have read that it sort of functions in a way similar to Napster. I haven't heard of anyone being nabbed by using slsk though.

If you're looking for security in a p2p client I'll point you towards Perfect Dark.
    a guy got caught 5 years ago, he has been recently condemned to pay a 10.000 euros penalty.
    http://partipirate.org/blog/com.php?id=181 (article in french)
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    filemp3.org , vipmusic , music-torrents.ro

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Is there an english translation/version of torrents.ru? Google translate seems to be less than happy wehn I type it in.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    If soft mp3 were still around i would have suggested that. Dammit all to hell, i really miss that place.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Is there an english translation/version of torrents.ru? Google translate seems to be less than happy wehn I type it in.
    Not that I know of. Look in the review section, there's one for torrents.ru. The person who made the review mentions a couple FF add-ons that will help with translating the site.

Although I've never needed to use them. I just type in what I'm looking for in the top right hand corner of the main page, grab what I want from the list, and seed. Unless you're planning on reading the forums there's really no need to translate anything.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Thanks for the tip. Well the problem is a first need to find the register link :-P. I'll go try the FF addons.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    orfik's Avatar 20th Century Boy BT Rep: +3
    Depends what you're looking for. If you're a casual listener and don't care that much about music then you're right to use Demonoid, slsk and the like. In fact, grab a program called BitChe and you should be very happy.

But if you're serious about music then you're not going to find anything that rivals dedicated trackers like What & Waffles (and definitely not the more elusive music trackers). The main difference is simply the amount of material. Any artist you like, odds are you'll be able to find everything they've ever done. I've used every p2p option you can name and I'm still constantly amazed at at the depth of the selection on these sites. There's no comparison whatsoever.

That said, I still keep Emule around.

"Be easy, my ninja."

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast