Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newsleecher disconnects me from the internet after sometime of downloading....

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by equisch3x View Post
    i recently started having this problem,
    i've been using newsleecher (giganews membership) for almost a month with no problems. my constant download speed used to be 700-800KB/s, now its just all over the place 300-700KB/s. I always leave on newsleecher overnight downloading various files, but i wake up and see that my internet connection says "Limited or No Connectivity" it happens everynight, and when i download throught out the day after about an hour or so once again that happens, in order to fix this i have to disconnect from my wireless internet and reconnect and the problem is solved, but like i said i get disconnected again after about an hour or so of downloading, its pretty random, sometimes ill be using newsleecher for 15-30 minutes and ill get disconnected(Limited or No Connectivity) and sometimes itll take up to an hour.

Does this happen to anyone else?
    I have timewarner cable
    i doubt its my internet because it worked fine the first 2-3 weeks, it was just outstanding, now its just terrible.
    and all my other computers remain on the internet, only the one using newsleecher gets disconnected. i use 20 active connections, i thought maybe that was the problem, but i reduced it to 10, still got the same problem, reduced it to 5, and still got the error

some please help me

I use NL to and that stuff happens all the time to me (even if I use another client, say Alt.Binz)...so it's not just you and I have Astraweb with SSL on. It would not be you ISP, your speeds would just go down. Also, are you using Windows 7? Mine disconnects after so much "up time" like 8 hours plus, and even only use 2 connections, so I reboot my computer and it's fine, and sometimes I just unplug the router/modem and leave it un plugged for a few moments and all is fine.

I can almost say for sure it's the router, like I said it happens to me all the time, sometiems I'll just disconnect using the built in Windows tool and is fine sometimes. I just think after about 8 hours of constant use my router just looses the connection, and I either re-boot, dis connect re-connect inside windows, or unplug my router/modem for a few and everything goes back to normal...and I do not think it's my ISP or News Service provider.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 08-16-2009 at 03:40 AM.
    [center]

2. Newsgroups   -   #12
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Never happened before on my, I have everything set to wide open and runs good, but I don't have security on the router though, nearest neighbor is like 10 miles away.
    [center]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12