Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gigabit seedbox

tehreaper's Avatar Member
    Anyone else out there that provides 1gbps servers that are unmetered? Seems like ovh is sticking limits on the boxes. It's unmetered up to a certain limit and then throttled. I don't want to continue my lease on the ovh server and I'm looking for something else.

Does server.lu provide gigabit bandwidth? Any other places?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Don't think server.lu even has gbit at the moment although there was talk some months ago they were upgrading their LAN.

You have any clue on your average monthly bandwidth-use then? And ofcourse your budget since there are loads of gbit-servers available elsewhere but for a price.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    you can ask seedhost.net they have real gbit boxs but the price...

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I'm pretty sure seedhost.net is a reseller of OVH and their gigabit is just shared. Not to mention with the new plans b/w is limited. 5TB or so per box for the OVH and 3TB for their kimsufi's
    Last edited by bioflare; 08-17-2009 at 08:32 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    djerholler69's Avatar Love Bytes! BT Rep: +3
    Yep, I think they resell OVH.

On server.lu's site though, they state on the Dedi server's that they use 1 gigabit onboard network. Maybe you could try it out

Oops, sorry, didn't read the full specs cos I found out its still a 100mbps server and it doesnt seem to allow you to upgrade to a 1gbps bandwidth
    Last edited by djerholler69; 08-18-2009 at 06:03 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I'm looking for something comparable to the ovh gig plans. Obviously, i realize that ovh was one of the best bang for the buck providers and that finding those kind of prices are going to be hard. Around $200 would be nice, under would be ideal. A server with 2GB-4GB of ram, 750GB of storage, and at least 2ghz cpu would be ideal. I push around 30TB of bandwidth a month.

Seedhost.net is a reseller of OVH. Most places are either reselling OVH or server.lu. I can almost say the majority, if not all, of seedbox providers that are advertising 1gbps unmetered are going through OVH. Some haven't updated their current plans to reflect the new OVH changes. The limits are very low compared to how much seeding the typical seedbox user uses. 10TB of transfer is common on 100mbps seedboxes and 25TB is usually pushed through 1gbps lines.

Here are the limits: (there are more but these are the most purchased servers)
    Kimsufi - 3TB limit
    OVH 100mbps - 5TB limit
    OVH 1gbps - 10TB limit
    Last edited by tehreaper; 08-19-2009 at 04:50 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Its hard, because unmetered comes at a price, just do the 1Gbps * 24/7 * 30 * (avg cost per megabit) and you'll get an approximate price. Its around 500~$ actually for a dedicated 1gps, I'm pretty sure for 200/month there are some but I haven't found any yet.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    10TB is more than enough. Stop overseeding.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by realityhd View Post
    Don't post then if you think 10TB/month is enough...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by bioflare View Post
    Its hard, because unmetered comes at a price, just do the 1Gbps * 24/7 * 30 * (avg cost per megabit) and you'll get an approximate price. Its around 500~$ actually for a dedicated 1gps, I'm pretty sure for 200/month there are some but I haven't found any yet.
    I don't need 1gbps guaranteed 24/7, burstable is fine too. The OVH servers would hit 60-70mb on new torrents on race sites. I have found a few for around the price of 350-400 per month. There are quite a few resellers who are selling dedicated seedboxes with 1gbps connection for 180-250. However, the majority of those are OVH.

I didn't find out the plans changed until it was mentioned on another forum. I'm sure a lot of people were using their gigabit boxes, but its obvious not everyone knows yet. There must be other alternatives, I just can't seem to find anything searching let alone any feedback on the hosting companies.

Quote Originally Posted by realityhd View Post
    10TB is childs play... go back to the playground...
    Last edited by tehreaper; 08-20-2009 at 02:35 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast