Thread: Powercolor Ati And Ati

Keikan's Avatar ........
    I'm looking at stuff on a website and i look at ati card right? So anyways i saw a ati radeon 9600pro 128mb $289 and a powercolor ati radeon 9600pro 256mb $255 so uhh that don't make no sense, the 256 is cheaper...?
    Ohh noo!!! I make dribbles!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Powercolor brand cards are less expensive than cards made by ATI themselves.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Compare memory speeds. Some cheaper cards use slower memory.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    if you're obsessed with manufacturing quality and picture quality, stick with ATI/Sapphire. PowerColor cards are "decent," but ATI/Sapphire just use better parts and they have stricter quality-control.

and lynx is right-- if a cheaper card has more memory, the memory is prolly actually slower and it will perform worse in games that don't require 256. i doubt that there are many games available that really benefit from 256 yet.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Yep, I have to agree with the regulars on that one. Every review I have read as of late has suggested that the 256mb cards are really more than is necessary. I am personally musing over another gfx card purchase, but still see no compelling reason (yet) to upgrade. I still have too much homework these days to invest in something as time consuming (not to mention fun&#33 as a new ATI 9800 Pro card... B)

Edit: Lynx, I love your signature. You are some funny shit.