Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned from what.cd by a mistake

Hi everyone.
    I just registered here following a place where I can talk about this.

I don't know who else to turn to, but from this morning my what.cd account is disabled.

I talked to someone in IRC. He asked me if I ever had a different what.cd account. I told him no, that this is my only one.

What he told me is that a user named "Avihu111" tried to access what.cd from the same computer I use. I told him that it's not possible - I'm the only one using the computer, have no brothers or sisters, so that just can't be.

He asked me to provide an explanation, but I have NONE. I have no idea who this "Avihu111" is and how he is related to me.

I'm trying to find an explanation, I tried to search Avihu111 in google and it found a user in various forums... but I'm not sure how it could help...

What else can I do? To me it's obvious that it's a mistake (or a bug?).

Would appreciate any thoughts/suggestions.

amitge

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I don't know about another person using your account but the stats listed for that name

• Uploaded: 1.33 GB
    • Downloaded: 10.26 GB
    • Ratio: 0.12

Give multiple reasons for disabling .( Ratio watch and inactivity )

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    you are done !

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    That's the thing - I have no idea who that user is. I have no relation to him. In IRC I was told that he tried to login with his account from my computer! But it's not possible because I'm the only user in my PC.

2 days ago I had windows XP. I formatted my PC, and installed Windows 7.
    I logged in to what.cd with my username. That's it. And this morning my account is disabled.

They want an explanation but I NO clue of who that user is.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yoann64's Avatar El Niño Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I don't know about another person using your account but the stats listed for that name

Avihu111 is not his account ...but the username of the person who tried to access to WhatCD from his computer, if i'm right (or if i well understand).

His account is better :

• Uploaded: 79.82 GB
    • Downloaded: 33.41 GB
    • Ratio: 2.38
    Bienvenida Mamacita - I'm in ruta Babylon - Bienvenida La Juana - Tequila, sexo, marihuana. (M.Chao)

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoann64 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

Avihu111 is not his account ...but the username of the person who tried to access to WhatCD from his computer, if i'm right (or if i well understand).

His account is better :

• Uploaded: 79.82 GB
    • Downloaded: 33.41 GB
    • Ratio: 2.38
    No one ever tried to access what.cd other than me. My one account is "amitge". I joined about 2 months. I uploaded my own stuff, filled requests, and seeded like hell. I reached power user after a long investment of my time.

And now I am disabled, because this Avihu111 "tried" to access his account, and for some reason, what.cd made to a conclusion it was from my computer.

And mark my word, I swear on all the people I care about I have no relation to that person. I have no idea why/what/who/how anyone conclude he tried to access his account from my computer, but it's just not true

Is there anyone I could talk to?
    All I want is a bit of investigation to find out the truth, because this is just illogical.
    Last edited by amitge; 08-09-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Yeah sucks but shit happens,reasons range from things as wild as the power of dynamic IPs to the fuck ups of shared IPs and to you actually being a duper,but its the internet you are assumed guilty until you prove yourself otherwise hence the latter is e-logically what transpired.Its upto you now to use your imagination and come up with a strong reason as to how a banned user ended up using an IP that is synonymous to your ID.But i'll let you know in advance that when it comes to IPs the guy on the other side of that irc channel usually has you on /ignore so you might as well save yourself the trouble and just let this chapter of your BT life close and accept that the ship has sailed and move on.dunno if you ever heard of guilt by association but yeah there somehow seems to be a silent policy on what that IPs can never be wrong.
    You have my regards though as you prepare for your next big adventure in illegal downloads.Understand that not everybody in BT is good and sometimes in this never ending battle of good and bad,the innocent sometimes suffer.Learn from this what you will and take the smarts acquired to make your next adventure even the more exciting.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Yeah sucks but shit happens,reasons range from things as wild as the power of dynamic IPs to the fuck ups of shared IPs and to you actually being a duper,but its the internet you are assumed guilty until you prove yourself otherwise hence the latter is e-logically what transpired.Its upto you now to use your imagination and come up with a strong reason as to how a banned user ended up using an IP that is synonymous to your ID.But i'll let you know in advance that when it comes to IPs the guy on the other side of that irc channel usually has you on /ignore so you might as well save yourself the trouble and just let this chapter of your BT life close and accept that the ship has sailed and move on.dunno if you ever heard of guilt by association but yeah there somehow seems to be a silent policy on what that IPs can never be wrong.
    You have my regards though as you prepare for your next big adventure in illegal downloads.Understand that not everybody in BT is good and sometimes in this never ending battle of good and bad,the innocent sometimes suffer.Learn from this what you will and take the smarts acquired to make your next adventure even the more exciting.
    I'm sorry but I'm not accepting this. They can ban me for no reason, it's their site. But to tell me that I'm a liar, and not even listening to what I have to say and maybe realizing that it REALLY could be a mistake on their side, is just plain wrong.

I freaking invested on what, because I really think it's on of these site that you care about. And their isn't even the smallest reason to ban me... it's not even funny...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Have them look at the locations where your account and that account originally signed up from? If they're from similar areas/ISPs, tough luck explaining that =/.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Reminds me of TL, they can ban for the wildest sometimes.

Anyway try to practically sit down and go through this mishap with a sysop and/or admin, and if he's friendly and has patience you might be able to get somewhere.
    Last edited by KushBlow; 08-10-2009 at 02:05 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast