Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best newest all round tracker?

..... BT Rep: +2
    Whats a source top site? A p2l FTp or ?

Quote Originally Posted by ashford View Post
    Who's a pirate? 'cause i'm certainly not.

And too enlighten you a bit since I don't think you understand one thing regarding mostly private sites: there's a difference having as a source top sites and torrent sites.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    marksman's Avatar -------> BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueSounds View Post
    Pirates should not use the word "steal" with a negative connotation. It's just plain hypocritical.

And too enlighten you a bit since I don't think you understand one thing regarding mostly private sites: there's a difference having as a source top sites and torrent sites.
    you go to a torrent site..and you download something you should originally buy..you're a pirate..i'm a pirate..pretty much every 1 around here is a pirate..having a source top site where u download from the "SCENE" still makes you a pirate..
    Been There, Done That

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Pirates should not use the word "steal" with a negative connotation. It's just plain hypocritical.

I understand that whole thing, where tracker staff bitch & ban if someone re-ups the stuff they've "stolen" or out-"sourced" from the scene via ftp topsites or by a more direct means. In my opinion this attitude is 100% hypocritical. Don't need your enlightening, but thanks anyways.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 08-27-2009 at 07:31 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Đ iN Ba57ArĐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23

I understand that whole thing, where tracker staff bitch & ban if someone re-ups the stuff they've "stolen" or out-"sourced" from the scene via ftp topsites or by a more direct means. In my opinion this attitude is 100% hypocritical. Don't need your enlightening, but thanks anyways.
    It is hypocritical but in their defense there is always the argument of money,in that some of these sites pay alot to get these files as fast as they usually do and it literally amounts to stealing when somebody takes the torrents for the sole purpose of uploading to another torrent site without their permission.Worse if they don't donate.

I recall an incident from a while back that if anything was characteristic to what djgrr has suffered under the scene only that this time it was P2P owning another P2P site coz of stealing torrents.
    Code:
    2009-06-12 22:42:01  XViD  Yo.Dawg.I.Herd.REDLiNE.Is.Running.TopBytes.Net.Thus.The.Easy.Hack.BDRip.XViD.AC3-FLAW3D
    2009-06-12 22:38:10 XViD Yo.Dawg.Did.You.Hear.Asterix.Was.RSS.Autoing.From.SCC.On.To.His.OVH.WinBox.And.Uploading
    .To.TopBytes.For.Super.Fast.PreTimes.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:36:59 XViD I.Heard.Marc.Jenks.Of.8463.Station.Road.In.Newport.Gwent.United.Kingdom.Runs.TopBytes-
    Lets.Call.Anti-Piracy.On.Him.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:35:25 XViD I.Heard.TopBytes.Still.Hasnt.Changed.The.SSH.Password.That.Was.Leaked.Last.Night.BDRip.XviD-
    AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:33:40 XViD I.Heard.TopBytes.Staff.Are.Pissed.And.Going.To.Start.Another.Tracker.We.Are.Taking.Bets.On.
    FailBets.Com.To.How.Fast.This.One.Will.Be.Hacked.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:32:46 XViD I.Heard.TopBytes.Coder.Was.Stupid.Enough.To.Use.Dragon.As.A.Password.And.To.Keep.SSH.
    Keys.On.A.PHP.Page.So.That.Anyone.Could.Go.In.And.Fuck.Them.Up.The.Ass.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:31:30 XViD LiLLKurD.The.Real.Motherfukin.G.Is.Lolling.At.ToPBytes.For.Their.Epic.Fails.At.Running.A.
    Tracker.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:31:19 XViD PtwoP.Is.Lolling.At.ToPBytes.For.Their.Epic.Fails.At.Running.A.Tracker.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:31:15 XViD ScT.Is.Lolling.At.ToPBytes.For.Their.Epic.Fails.At.Running.A.Tracker.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:31:11 XViD SCC.Is.Lolling.At.ToPBytes.For.Their.Epic.Fails.At.Running.A.Tracker.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 22:30:59 XViD SpX.Is.Lolling.At.ToPBytes.For.Their.Epic.Fails.At.Running.A.Tracker.BDRip.XviD-AC3-FLAWED
    2009-06-12 00:44:51 MP3 Host-Topbytes.Net_User-topbytes-Password-56585658.DIE.P2P.Users.
    DIE-CleanScene
    2009-06-12 00:34:30 XXX The.Bitch.Ass.Niggas.At.TopBytes.Net.Relaying.P_R_3_From.PtwoP-
    NET.eu.And.When.Ptwo-NET.eu.Banned.Their.Bot.Their.Onside.PreTime.Script.FAILED.2009.XXX.DVDRip.XviD-GaYp0rN
    2009-06-12 00:34:28 XXX The.Faggots.At.Topbytes.net.RSS.SCC.And.ScT.On.Their.uTorrent.Client.So.They.Can.Upload.
    Fast.Liek.The.PROz.2009.XXX.DVDRip.XviD-GaYp0rN
    2009-06-12 00:34:26 XXX Everyone.Go.Laugh.At.TopBytes.Net.First.They.Steal.SCC.Design.Then.They.Fake.Uploads.To.
    Get.A.Higher.Rank.On.Tracers.2009.XXX.DVDRip.XViD-GaYp0rN
    So it does get serious especially when the theft is happening as fast.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    PTM.

The huge competition sites like TL, SCC, ScL etc are not a good place to lurk.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    PlayeR's Avatar (•̃͡-̮•̃͡) BT Rep: +5
    lasttorrent <3

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    We at Vision Fileshare offer torrents in all categories except 'adult'. We are growing all the time and already have a good established community with loads of really friendly people. In just 2 months we have increased in members by 200%! We provide fast 0day torrents and good pre times, which are improving all the time - with your help! We are freeleech so all downloading doesnt currently count against your ratio, so a good time to build your ratio, and as a bonus we offer 1gb free upload on joining. We are constantly improving all the time, so if there are things that you want - categories for example, then you only have to ask and we'll do our utmost to provide! Everyone is welcome!

See you soon,
    Xodianbarr!
    Life is a vow, never to die, until it's over.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    FYI i don't download from the Internet nor make copies of stuff i buy - so I don't pirate.

About you guys saying staff being hypocritical. As one of you've already mentioned running a bt site costs, especially a scene one. You only relay on users donations.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    It is hypocritical but in their defense there is always the argument of money,in that some of these sites pay alot to get these files as fast as they usually do and it literally amounts to stealing when somebody takes the torrents for the sole purpose of uploading to another torrent site without their permission.Worse if they don't donate.

I recall an incident from a while back that if anything was characteristic to what djgrr has suffered under the scene only that this time it was P2P owning another P2P site coz of stealing torrents.
    FYI i don't download from the Internet nor make copies of stuff i buy - so I don't pirate.

About you guys saying staff being hypocritical. As one of you've already mentioned running a bt site costs, especially a scene one. You only relay on users donations.
    So if you're paying for your warez instead of getting them for free it's less 'stealing'? There is no ethical card in play when it comes to warez, it's all the same to me whether it's in the form of newsgroups, exclusive ftp dumps, or public trackers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    I'm interested in some recommendations for the best public trackers.

TPB seems to be out now, mininova is filtered, torretbox I assume is still U.S. filtered, heard bad things about Sumo, thinking about tvtorrent.

I just found openbittorrent yesterday, so that's one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast