Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a seedbox but I need some help understanding some things...

BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Hi everyone!

Ok so what I'm looking for is a seedbox with FTP first of all (that is a MUST) because what I want to do is use he FTP to stream files. So what I need is a seedbox with FTP access to stream 1:00 64kbps mp3 files to hundreds (maybe thousands eventually) of people simultaneously. So if it's 100mbps that's enough for me but I need it to not have a max simultaneous connections limit.

I hope this makes sense, can anyone help?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Hmm... I don't know too much about the inner details of seedboxes but I really doubt you can do that on a basic webgui. You're probably gonna need a dedicated server/VPS where you can install programs yourself on the server. You can try OVH if you live in france or the UK, they're very cheap (although they now have a 3tb limit before throttling your connection, I don't know how much bandwidth streaming music takes)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Isn't that possible with any dedicated machine?

Besides, using ftp to stream content is a bit weird, but you could configure the ftp server to accept any number of simultaneous users/connections.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Thanks for the replies. Yes I knew that with a dedicated server I could do that but seedboxes are chepaer that's why I was hoping I could do that with a seedbox.

Thanks again.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Well fastsh.it has VPS's, I think that allows you access to the machine but I may have no idea what I'm talking about. You're most certainly not going to be able to do anything if its just a basic seedbox with a web gui.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Streaming over FTP? Multicast? Unicast? What server-side software? No clue what you on about m8 but better you get some specs listed about the plans you have coz not only technically we're missing a lot of info to advise on a server but you might already run out of bandwidth is you have 2K users streaming 15 MP's on a monthly basis.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Seedbox Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Well fastsh.it has VPS's, I think that allows you access to the machine but I may have no idea what I'm talking about. You're most certainly not going to be able to do anything if its just a basic seedbox with a web gui.
    With a VPS you can run Icecast/Shoutcast servers without a problem or anything else you would run on a dedicated box. Performance depends on the size VPS and number of users on each box, slower during freeleech assaults of course as any box is.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    just map the ftp to your hdd and use vlc , or use lighttpd if you get a dedi

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by lehaans View Post
    And this helps how to stream MP3's to hundreds or thousands of users at the same time?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by FransTormer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lehaans View Post
    And this helps how to stream MP3's to hundreds or thousands of users at the same time?
    lol shit, i din't see the part abt thousands of users

my bad i though he just wanted to stream of the ftp for himself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast