Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is RS so popular?

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I'm really not that into DDL but I'm curious as to why RS seems like such a force in the DDL market.

So many other sites I have used (albeit I don't DL very often) don't have wait times, don't restrict the download amounts, ect. and just seem to be far more beneficial. I remember when I used to play WoW I would watch pvp videos and filefront, where most of them are hosted, have no wait times/restrictions at all.

What does RS have going for it?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    speed is best

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    was one for the first file hosting sites of its kind, so has the head start, is reliable compared with other services, its speed is decent but only for premium users can this be achieved and experienced, can do remote uploads, which means alot of content upped on to there.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    RS was reasonable with their download limits so people used them as a host, now they've exploited their popularity and you're all screwed because of it.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    RS is very popular amongst one who don't like to share. Because, when you download content from RS servers, you don't need to seed.

It is fast and reliable. It isn't so expansive to pay for premium account.

On the other side - I don't like to pay for pirated material, I don't like to use JDownloader and similar 3rd party apps (uTorrent is OS regarding quality of those apps...). Trackers are more neat and better with content. You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS. And if you do, it will never be better than KG, Secret Cinema and Cinemageddon.

Few trackers are enough, while if you are RS user, you need a lot of forums and blogs...
    Last edited by Ronnie Coleman; 08-27-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    "Do well and you will have no need for ancestors." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
    RS is very popular amongst one who don't like to share. Because, when you download content from RS servers, you don't need to seed.

On the other side - I don't like to pay for pirated material, I don't like to use JDownloader and similar 3rd party apps (uTorrent is OS regarding quality of those apps...). Trackers are more neat and better with content. You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS. And if you do, it will never be better than KG, Secret Cinema and Cinemageddon.

Few trackers are enough, while if you are RS user, you need a lot of forums and blogs...
    You are obviously stupid to the core .. Try to keep up with RS/HTTP downloading man ... The only reason RS is popular is cuz of the wide variety of content that is available on its servers ..
    more to it but just google it

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    You can't find sources for, for example, old movies on RS.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6

RapidSHARE was designed to share lol....
    And i can tell you RS is used in many communities where people LOVE
    to share omg.... it's not about to seed or whatever, but on RS u upload once
    and then SHARE !
    LOL i uploaded a couple of movies that KG needed back then and grabbed those from RS links ahahah, and no you don't need many blogs/forums to find good RS links
    that's all bulshit !!!

Some people obviously don't know what they talkin' about lol.... funny shit !
    RS is popular because of the game the points and the e-fame lol
    it's a whole comedy ahahah but it's FUN to use for real !

The main reason for me why RS is popular is because they have been around
    and showed that they can keep your files longer than any other host
    and still having the best speed in the world compare to any other
    public host... some people have scripts nowadays that when a link is snitched
    and gets down it gets automatically re-upped
    i know a couple of third party sites that use that method and your links live almost forever
    Last edited by $SnoopDo2G$; 08-28-2009 at 01:50 PM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    sotamarsu's Avatar Poster
    It's popular because everyone knows rapidshare so they think it's good.
    It's like ghetto alternative for newsgroups for example.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Well, why has RS remained popular than other sites like MU, especially after the crappy and crappier daily limits?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast