Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reasons why you SHOULDN'T be in the scene

captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    The Scene has been in decline for a while. Its totally insecure and full of nutters who think the scene is the most important thing in the world.

its just a bunch of ftp servers sending crap to each other and bloated with self importance.

i co started a scene grp and got out while i had my sanity, long live torrents and ng, sanity prevails in them. :p

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    the scene is funny like that. been around since bbs days and there has always been a scene. once you've tasted the sweet nectar of the scene and its perks, you love/hate the scene... got to love high bandwidth now days, and cable with 50/10 pipes...

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 10-08-2009 at 02:56 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post
    The Scene has been in decline for a while. Its totally insecure and full of nutters who think the scene is the most important thing in the world.

its just a bunch of ftp servers sending crap to each other and bloated with self importance.

i co started a scene grp and got out while i had my sanity, long live torrents and ng, sanity prevails in them. :p
    they discovered you were P2P then banned you right?

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captive View Post

they discovered you were P2P then banned you right?
    no not right actually. the guy i started the grp with wanted to expand, affil on more sites/get more members/pre more releases just not the genre we started with so i said i wasnt happy with it.

in my view staying close nit and a bit more exclusive with where we affiled, who we let in the grp and what we pred was good for the grp but more important was alot more secure, specially these days. he thought different, so i got out.

which was the smart move i rekon.
    ///dont.let.the.bastards.get.you.down\\\

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    coastin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i only like the rips that hav periods in the file names those are awesome

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    ok can some one define scene for me. ive been into downloading since warez sites, napster and winmx. ive all ways thought it was some group of guys like global that uploaded content and was trusted by most people.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    coastin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    yeah its fools like rns, ragemp3, devise, diamond, deity. ya know

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    sorry, can you explain what "the scene" is?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast