Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where The Heck Is All The Good Mirc File Sharing

Double Agent
    so where is it?

I searched the forum with no sign of them.

would somebody post it again?

I need rooms where file sharing is acceptable and there are file exchanges in the room.

thx a lot

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    is this what u r lookin for http://www.ircspy.com/search.asp

proud to be american

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Try these other ones too:

xDCCSpy.com
    PacketNews
    MyDownloader

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Also put www.vcdquality.com in your favorites.

I guess that's all the links you need

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Double Agent
    thx guys

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Double Agent
    ok one more question:

how do you download stuff off of a irc channel?

do they allow you to browse the files or something?

I looked in mirc for this function but i can't find it.

or do I have to download special software to download?

anybody could point this out it's appreciated thx.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    this is a help file taken from tdm, it's a start

First off welcome to the wonderful world of TMD!

--------------------- SETTING UP mIRC ---------------------

First of all you need to download mIRC from http://www.mirc.com, this program will let you connect to the server and channel to download movies. Once installed run mIRC, and you will be presented with the mIRC options. The first thing you will see is the "Connect" options. Set the options as follows:

IRC Network: Select "Rizon" from the dropdown list.
    Full Name: Enter what you feel comfortable with.
    Email Address: Enter your email address.
    Nickname: Enter the nickname you want.
    Alternative: If the nickname you picked isn't available this is the one it will use.

*If Rizon isn't listed in the IRC Networks, hit the "Add" button.
    Description: Rizon
    IRC Server: irc.Rizon.net
    Port(s): 6667
    Group: Rizon
    Password: Leave Blank
    Hit the "Add" Button to finish

Next we will move down to "DCC". Select "Auto-get file" (this will automaticly accept the files that are sent to you), click "YES" in the window that opens. Right next to the "Auto-get file" click on the "Minimize" option. Below that select select "Resume" from the drop-down list under "If file exists:". This option sets mIRC to automaticly resume any failed sends you may get instead of overwriting them.

Continuing in the "DCC" section, go down to "Folders". In the "DCC Ignore:" box select from the drop-down list "Disabled", then untick the "Turn ignore back on in:" box.

mIRC is now setup correctly to download movies from TMD! Hit "OK" on the bottom of the Options window and move on to the next part.

--------------- CONNECTING TO #TMD-MOVIEZ ---------------

In the upper left hand corner of mIRC you will see the "Connect" button in the tool bar, click it to connet to irc.Rizon.net. Once it has connected (be patient it can take a while to finally connect on some days), a window will pop-up, this is the mIRC Channels list. On the right side of the window click the "Add" button. Another window will pop up, set it as follows:

Channel: Type in "#TMD-Moviez" (without the quotes)
    Password: Leave blank.
    Description: Just type in "TMD Moviez" or something of the sort.
    Networks: Click the "Add" button and from the drop-down list select "Rizon", then click "OK".

If you wish mIRC to automaticly connect to this channel once connected to the server, check the "Join channel on connect" box in the options. You may also wish to add the channel "#TMD" (Our chat channel) by repeating these steps.

Now click "OK" and it will show the mIRC Channels List again with the channel you just added. While the new channel is still selected click "Join" on the right side. A new window will appear with a bunch of text scrolling by, if you see this, than you did everything correctly! You are now in #TMD-Moviez! Move on to the next section for the fun part.

----------------- FINDING AND DOWNLOADING FILES -----------------

The things you see scrolling are ads and searches mainly. It is the ads that you may want to watch for. They consist of info about the server like this:

*********** Only an example server... Not a real one! ********

[2:29am] <TMD-Maveric> File Server Online Triggers:«/ctcp TMD-Maveric &#33;Maveric&#39;s Moviez&#33;» Min:«6.4 Kbs» Sends:«2/2» Queues:«10/10» Accessed:«3295 times» Online:«0/4» RCPS:«42.8 Kbs by kuki» Served:«95.6G in 785 files» Current BW:«41 Kbs» AQT:«1hr 15mins» Serving:«279 files» MOTD: -= :: (¯`·.¸¸.->All the newest from distro&#33;&#33;<-.¸¸.·´¯) :: =- —I-n-v-i-s-i-o-n—

Really the only thing you need to know to get started is how to connect to the file server and get a file.
    The trigger is what you type into the channel to connect to the server. The trigger above would be "/ctcp TMD-Maveric &#33;Maveric&#39;s Moviez&#33;" (without the quotes) as noted by the "Triggers:« »" You always type what is inbetween the «». You will know you are connected when a window pops up with:

Serving YourNickname
    Waiting for acknowledgement...
    DCC Chat connection established

Then you will see alot of text fly by which you can read if you want, but it is not needed. You will be left with something like this "[&#092;]", that is the root directory of the server. To view the files in that directory you type "dir". At that point the directory contents will be show like this:

[2:40am] <TMD-Maveric> dir
    [2:40am] <TMD-Maveric> [&#092;*.*]
    [2:40am] <TMD-Maveric> DVD RIPS
    [2:40am] <TMD-Maveric> MOVIEZ
    [2:41am] <TMD-Maveric> [tmd]csi.miami.s1.ep01.golden.parachute.(ftv).tvrip.(1of1).avi 121 mb
    [2:41am] <TMD-Maveric> [tmd]csi.miami.s1.ep02.golden.losing.face.(ftv).tvrip.(1of1).avi 115 mb
    [2:40am] <TMD-Maveric> End of list.

The ones in all caps are directories, and the others are files signified by the the name and size of the file. If you want to go to a directory you need to type "cd <directory name>". Then you need to type "dir" again to see the contents. You should see something like this:

[2:44am] <TMD-Maveric>cd moviez
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> [&#092;moviez]
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> dir
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> [&#092;moviez&#092;*.*]
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> ..
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> A RUMOR OF ANGELS
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> ALI G INDAHOUSE
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> AVENGING ANGELO
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> BALLISTIC - ECKS VS SEVER
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> BARBERSHOP
    [2:44am] <TMD-Maveric> BARBERSHOP (UNCUT)
    [2:45am] <TMD-Maveric> [tmd]nailed.(evil).scr.(1of2).avi 169 mb
    [2:45am] <TMD-Maveric> [tmd]nailed.(evil).scr.(2of2).avi 59.3 mb
    [2:45am] <TMD-Maveric> End of list.

Now to get a file you need to type "get <filename>". At that point you will either be sent the file, placed in queue for the file, of told that there isn&#39;t a free spot in the queue for you. Looking like this:

[2:50am] <TMD-Maveric> get [tmd]nailed.(evil).scr.(1of2).avi
    [2:50am] <TMD-Maveric> Sending [tmd]nailed.(evil).scr.(1of2).avi «169MB».
    OR [2:50am] <TMD-Maveric>The file has been queued in slot 1
    OR [2:50am] <TMD-Maveric> Sorry but the Maximum Allowed Queues of 10 has been reached. Please try again later.

The window may says something like "idle connection closing in 30 seconds", when you are finished either type "exit" or let the connection close. You will still get your download&#33;
    TIP: To quicky enter the filename you should copy and paste it. mIRC automaticly copys what ever text is selected to the clipboard. So select the filename (when you let go of the mouse button the selection will disappear) then use Ctrl+V (or right click and choose paste) to paste it.

A few other things you should know is how to go back a directory ("cd .."), how to see what files are sending ("sends"), and how to see who is in the queue ("queues").

Now to find the movie you are looking for.... As you may have seen in the chat screen you can search for what file you are looking for. This is done by using "@find <moviename>". So if you were looking for "The Ring" then you would type "@find the ring". If any matching files were found new windows will open with the results. You will see these flashing red in the top bar. Clicking on them will display the results for each server the file was found in, looking a bit like this:

<Nickname-of-server> [@Find Results] -=SysReset 2.50=-
    <Nickname-of-server> Found [2] files on Trigger [/ctcp Nickname-of-server &#33;TRIGGER&#33;] - Queues: [20/25]
    <Nickname-of-server> File: [The Ring&#092;[tmd]the.ring.(ftf).ts.(2of2).avi] - Size [149.7MB]
    <Nickname-of-server> File: [The Ring&#092;[tmd]the.ring.(ftf).ts.(1of2).avi] - Size [130.1MB]
    <Nickname-of-server> End of @Find.

The things to pay attention to is the trigger and the "Queues". The "queues" tell you how many people are in line to get a file from this server. [20/25] means there are 20 people in line out of an available 25 slots. The fewer amout of people in the queue the shorter amount of time you have to wait before downloading. Once you find a good server, type in the trigger that is show and you will be connected to the file server.
    TIP: To close all the windows that opened as a result of the @find type "/close -m" in the channel.

----------------- COMMON ERRORS AND PROBLEMS -----------------

Error: "You need to identify a registered nick to join..."
    Solution: To register: type in (without quotes) "/msg NickServ REGISTER password youremailaddress". That will register your current nickname using the password and email specified. To identify type in (without quotes) "/msg NickServ IDENTIFY password" where password is the password you registered with.

Problem: "The video doesn&#39;t play right&#33;"
    Solution: Be sure to download and install the TMD Codec. If after you have intalled the codec the video still doesn&#39;t work, make sure you download the entire file, the file sizes are posted in the Movie Releases forum. If the file size is off by just a bit download DivFix and reindex the file.

Error: "No more connections allowed in your connection class"
    Solution: This just means the server is full. There is nothing to do but wait till it connects. Patience is a virtue&#33;

Problem: "I have been banned from the channel, what do I do?"
    Solution: Most bans only last a minute, so try to join the channel later. If you still can not join, then private message the OP that banned you in #TMD. To send a private message type "/msg <username> <message>" in the channel substituting <username> with the username of the person that banned you, and <message> with the message you want to send.

Problem: "I downloaded a movie but the quality is bad&#33;"
    Solution: There is nothing you can do about it&#33; TMD encodes movies that were supplied by a "ripping" group. We encoded those files to make them more compact for easy downloading, while keeping the best quality we can. Some movies we get are bad quality to begin with, and we do what we can with what we have to work with.

Problem: "How do I know what new movies have been released?"
    Solution: Check the Movie Releases forum, as they are posted there. You also may want to check http://www.VCDQuality.com to see what new movies have been ripped. We usually have them on the fserves a few days later.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all can be quite confusing at first glance, but after a week or two it seems simple&#33; Any other questions you may have can probably be answered by using the search function of the forum or by going to #TMD. Please DO NOT PM anybody on the forum asking questions&#33; Simply post your questions and it will be answered accordingly. I hope this helps everybody.

****Written By Maveric****

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Double Agent
    wow this will help me a lot

wish this could be pinned.

thx

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Theres already a pinned topic in software world

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by Adster@5 October 2003 - 05:20
    Theres already a pinned topic in software world
    i dont see them

maybe you could post links

there is no pinned topic in softwareworld about how to download stuff off of mirc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast