View Poll Results: Sharepro. Psychotic mentalist or what.

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Psychotic Mentalist

41 64.06%
  • What

23 35.94%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sharepro

Poster
    Originally posted by ilw@4 October 2003 - 12:37
    the ones RandomNut provided http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../10022003i.php (Lamsey's sig) getting rid of ES5 is a pain in the arse. (I didn't have nicely written instructions like RN's)
    Uninstall Instructions

Kill all ES5.exe processes with task manager (taskmgr.exe)
    Try ES5's uninstaller
    Delete registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareHelmuthSpeakingForBosko ne
    Delete registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREEarthStation5
    Remove the ES5 entry from HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurre ntVersionRun to stop it from running after reboot
    Remove the ES5 entry from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurr entVersionRun to stop it from running after reboot
    Delete all files in the ES5 folder (usually in "Crogram FilesEarthStation5"). If files can't be deleted, boot into safe mode and delete them.
    Restart computer

2. Lounge   -   #32
    You can now registar to spam again i did it and spammed kazaa lite all over
    but while i was spamming i got a message from welsh interesting reading

Author Private Message [ Delete PM ]

Welsh

No Anger.
    Group: Galaxy Moderator
    I am not 14, nor is it funny that I've been made a mod over here.
    I am a 47 years old, black, well educated, and was born in London.
    I am not Welsh in any way, nor have ever lived there, it's just a name.
    Did it ever occur to anybody that by being nice and appearing a little bit dumb when it counts gets you nice information when you need to.
    I am not even connected with ESV in any way.
    You see with the actions towards me from K-Lite members (including the admin) I have found out exactly what I needed to.
    This issue was related to one lowly member of the K-Lite board, I just used ESV to get what I needed.
    How interesting that the issues invoked a nice pack mentality over at K-Lite.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Poster
    Why did he feel he had to tell you this. Other than a - look how clever I am type thing.

Seems like a need for external validation to me.

4. Lounge   -   #34
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    If you can begin to understand the intent or content of that message, you have done better than I could.

5. Lounge   -   #35
    Originally posted by JPaul@4 October 2003 - 13:01
    Why did he feel he had to tell you this. Other than a - look how clever I am type thing.

Seems like a need for external validation to me.
    Yeah i dont know why that was sent to me, i got an other pm shortly after from P4L abusing me.

They banned my account joe505 probaly banned the proxy ip address as well, looks like i'll have to sign up a new account with a new proxy

6. Lounge   -   #36
    RadicalROM
    To be fair which you will find I am as neutral as your gonna be on ES5, shouldn't you of posted the offical response?

I have said many times in the last 24 hours that I personally thank Random Nut for pointing this potential security flaw out. I don't agree the way it was spammed all over es5. I think that Random Nut should of contacted File Hoover first and then if there was no response in 4-5 days then make it public. I am not saying this was done, all I am saying is in the inital post of RM should of stated that he tried FH and there was no response.

The only thing I had a problem with yesterday was all the spamming/flamming going on.

Random Nut, AKA Shaun Garriok, (http://www.zeropaid.com/news/article.../04282002c.php) the Author of Kazaalite, has been a vocal critic of Eathstation5 because of a continual online insult war between himself and some roudy Earthstation5 fans. This has motivated him to be extremely critical of Earthstation5.

We at Earthstation5 desire and request criticism at any time in fact we demand it as we believe that is the only way to make software truly superior.

We at Earthstation5 are not perfect, but we acknowledge that Shaun Garriok might be and thank him for helping us root out bugs.

The problem with the Earthstation5 software that Shaun Garriok found truly exists, however the sordid motives he attributes to Earthstation5 are incorrect. The following functions were put into Earthtation5 to allow automatic, remote upgrade of the Earthstation5 software.

These functions are:

1) Reload Earthstation5
    2) Shutdown Earthstation5
    3) Delete a File

All of these functions are necessary to perform when upgrading software.

We have long been admirers of Shaun Garriok's ability to superbly investigate even a fully compiled program. We believe that he is capable of finding ANY sort of trojan, worm, or bug inside a compiled program. We are relieved that all he could find was these remote upgrade functions. He didn't find any bugs that send user data anywhere, no spyware, no adware, nothing in fact that gives away any personal information about the user using Earthstation5.

It is also a fortunate fact that since Earthstation5 protects you from the RIAA lawsuits and hackers by hiding your ip address, the exploit program he wrote can only be used against your own computer which he states in his exploit. If you want to delete files from your own computer, we feel you have the right to do that.

We are glad he found this bug and pointed it out. We completely removed the automatic software upgrade code because as it turns out automatic upgrade is no longer popular as it once was because it gives people an uneasy feeling and rightly so.

Since Shaun Garriok seems to be concerned about everyone's security, and is not on a personal quest for revenge, we would be grateful if he would download the latest Earthstation5, version 1.1.31 (http://download.es5.com/es5_v1.1.31.exe) and verify that we have truly removed the remote update function which his exploit program accessed. We think his dedication to the good of all concerned would motivate him to do this. Anyone else who is concerned can do the same, download the latest Earthstation5 and test the exploit code against it.

Filehoover, Lead Programmer of ES5

7. Lounge   -   #37
    To be fair which you will find I am as neutral as your gonna be on ES5, shouldn't you of posted the offical response?
    Search before you post .

Earthstation 5 Reply

8. Lounge   -   #38
    i give more weight to RN's post than i do to the official ESV statement
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

9. Lounge   -   #39
    Forum Star
    To be fair which you will find I am as neutral as your gonna be on ES5, shouldn&#39;t you of posted the offical response?
    to be fair, this poll is nothing to do with filehoovers response.

its about shampoo&#39;s response that he was going to stab someone in the head and kick the shit out of their family.

Search before you post .
    agreed, and read before you post as well.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234