Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Aquamark Score

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    hey, overclocking requires more power supply i just remembered.
    My computer is allmost borderline at useing the whole 350w cause when i try to run it with the:
    Extra hd.. it dont start
    more ATI Wonder VE card.. it dont start

lack of power, i'm sure. Those both work fine (HD never even used before)
    I might try to buy a 500w ps unit today. What's a good brand? I heard Allied was good, but couldnt find one of that brand in stores. hmm while i'm at it, i might get a better comp maint. kit.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    400 should be plenty for the psu. PC Power and Cooling is the way I went. Excellent!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    well i'm might need a 500w cause i wanna run 2 graphics cards basicly. ATI Wonder VE counts as a TV input graphics card.. so it's still a power sucker hehe. (maybe it's a major cause it's got that big Cable Converter device on the card)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    jus ordered an Allied AMD Approved 450W Power supply from newegg for $40. the 500w ones were like startin to get a little pricey and i had to get a few other things keeping the total under $100.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    is that thing loud though?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?...n=allied%2C450w
    5 stars (highest) from 56 voters, 51 reviews: alot of people said is quieter than they're lower 300-350w ps units.. Probably pretty quiet
    Reviews

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    just got the new 450w sucka in the mail today. I'll let yall know how it goes.. and from the results in my overclock poll.. i'm gonna slowly up the mhz 4-5mhz at a time starting at 330mhz clock.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by Wolfmight@17 October 2003 - 04:48
    just got the new 450w sucka in the mail today. I'll let yall know how it goes.. and from the results in my overclock poll.. i'm gonna slowly up the mhz 4-5mhz at a time starting at 330mhz clock.
    Wolfmight, I think you are being overly cautious there. Why don't you benefit from the work of others and save yourself some time?

Step right up to 280MHz on your memory and 300MHz on the core.

After completing the initial group of benchmarks at the 9500's default clockspeeds of 275MHz core and 270MHz memory, I tried overclocking the card using the Rage3D Tweak utility (available for download HERE). The card came with 3.3ns Infineon memory modules, which should theoretically run at 300MHz or better. However, as reported by many card owners with this same memory, it's overclockability was disappointing. Settings of 300MHz or more would generate "pixel pop" artifacts and occasional polygon errors, so I was limited to 290MHz on the memory to insure good image stability. The core was more cooperative, running as high as 345MHz before screen lockups began to occur. For safety sake, I backed off to 330MHz for the benchmarking, but that still represents a pretty healthy clock boost for the core speed (20%). Overall, not quite up to 9700 Pro clockspeeds (325/310), but close! As before, I ran sets of benchmarks with FSAA and AF off and at 4x/8x.
    One of my sources

Edit: I did not read your post entirely. I think you should start at 280 and 300 and move up from there once you see the stability.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Okay, hereis some evidence. Here I scored what a 97/9800 pro scores with my 9500 non pro mod:

This overclock generated a few artifacts, but I think any card would when overclocked that much. The point is that the card could handle those frequencies just fine.

Oh, and did you ever notice that your aquamark3 score is equal to your average frame per second throughout the aquamark 3 game multiplied by 1000?

And if you see here you can see my my scores are right in line with the Radeon 9700 pro (and lol, I only paid $140 )

Despite what some people would like everyone to think, Aquamark3 is really a test of how people developing software now envision DirectX 9 pixel and vertex shaders will be used in the future. The situation is very reminiscent of the first Sony PlayStation: the first games that used the technology were limited by the hardware until developers really learned to work with the hardware rather than on the hardware. As time progressed, we went from what were essentially ports of 16bit console games to amazingly complex and beautiful games like Gran Turismo 2. The same thing will happen with shader technology, and no amount of guessing and throwing functions at a GPU will tell you how its performance will really be in the future. Essentially, my advice is that any piece of software that claims it is a valid predictor of future performance should be taken lightly. We based our decision to include Aquamark3 on its popularity in the community. Aquamark3 is a cool piece of software, with some pretty neat tests, and a high score in any benchmark can still earn bragging rights in the forums. The only Aquamark3 test we ran was the publicly available 1024x768 4X AF no-AA in order to maximize the usefulness of these numbers to the community. Our drivers were set to allow application control of AF and AA.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...nID=1806849545

here is my 9800 pro overclocked score...almost 43,000 = average 43 fps

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast