Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: My Aquamark Score

Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 January 2004 - 02:57
    yes i did uninstall the ati cp before i installed the omega thing

i do read readmes ya know?
    Okay, then, make sure that in the control panel before you run Aquamark3 that BOTH the direct3d tabs and the Open GL tabs have "application controlled" AA and AF. Just make sure to tick all of the boxes (4 all together) before running the benchmark.

And BTW, that happens all the time anyways (getting different scores at different times). For one, do you have the indexing service enabled? What about system restore? Those can fire up any old time and radically decrease performance.

After you install radclocker carefully overclock the core to 450 and the memory up like 10 MHz. Then gradually increase until you see white spots on your screen. At that point, you have overclocked too much.

And run the benchmark at least twice or three times to check for consistency.

Oh, and 5 MHz is not going to make or break a benchmark. You have to find the "sweet spot" for your card.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    Double Agent
    the only thing that's changed on my system is the driver settings, nothing else is changed.

i had the same system settings when i ran my first test with ati's settings and unoc'ed cpu but my score dropped a lot when i used omega's settings....

guess i am going back to the old driver settings

it's ok i dont wanna push my card until there is new cards coming out and the price drops

then i'll oc like a biatch

EDIT: oh yeah i ran one more, thnis time with cpu unoc'ed and with omega http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...run=1952196471 oh well

thx for ur advice though

2nd EDIT: after reverting back to ati setting my score is instantly better

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_view.php?run=6040291

beats me...

3rd Edit: oc'ed cpu with ati setting http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...run=1482435559

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    Oh well. It was worth a try.

By the way: what are you doing with a $500 GPU and a $50 CPU?

Huh ?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Double Agent
    eerr didn't i say i am gonna upgrade to 2800 xp next week??? B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 January 2004 - 04:16
    eerr didn't i say i am gonna upgrade to 2800 xp next week??? B)
    Yes, I saw that. But why don't you save yourself some money and gain some performance by just buying an excellent motherboard (like bigdawgfoxx, clocker, and, and John_Lennon) and overclock a 2500+(1.83) CPU to 3200+ (2.2). I see no logic in paying such a high price for the 2800+. I don't really think that is a great CPU. I honestly think you won't see a big enough of a performance increase to warrant the upgrade. It is your decision though.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Indeed, Xp 2500+, is like a god sent. Its up there with the 500Mhz Celeron in terms of overclocking, hehe, well almost. The new applebreds I believe (the new durons) are set to about 1.6Ghz, and can do 2.6 On extreme cooling!

Btw. download Omega drivers, and ran the test stock again, and got,

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...run=1817982305

If I closed a few things, im sure i could pull another 1k with still stock setts.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    Originally posted by _John_Lennon_@15 January 2004 - 05:41
    Indeed, Xp 2500+, is like a god sent.  Its up there with the 500Mhz Celeron in terms of overclocking, hehe, well almost.  The new applebreds I believe (the new durons) are set to about 1.6Ghz, and can do 2.6 On extreme cooling!

Btw. download Omega drivers, and ran the test stock again, and got,

http://arc.aquamark3.com/arc/arc_vie...run=1817982305

If I closed a few things, im sure i could pull another 1k with still stock setts.
    Very impressive.

The Aquamark3 benchmark is very limited by the CPUs speed. Also it is more affected by the core as opposed to the memory clock.

I am sure 100% you could get a score of 37,000 (37 avg. frames per second) if you were to overclock to 360/286. Why don't you try that? Just once, for fun?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Double Agent
    yeah i could get a 2500 but i got greedy

friend at the hardware store asked my if i wanted the 2500 or the 2800 so i took the.......

but then he gave me liek 90 percent off so i didn't mind so much

i like my current board, gigabyte ga7vax 266/333

and why is the 2500 any better than the 2800?? just cuz it can oc like crazy? can't the 2800 do the same?

eerr john i thought u have the 2500 but ur test says u got the 3200? ???

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@15 January 2004 - 00:26
    yeah i could get a 2500 but i got greedy

friend at the hardware store asked my if i wanted the 2500 or the 2800 so i took the.......

but then he gave me liek 90 percent off so i didn't mind so much

i like my current board, gigabyte ga7vax 266/333

and why is the 2500 any better than the 2800?? just cuz it can oc like crazy? can't the 2800 do the same?

eerr john i thought u have the 2500 but ur test says u got the 3200? ???
    My bios is updated to the point that it is detected as a 3200+ on startup with my clock settings.

And I will fiddle with some more overclocking tonight I guess.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Double Agent
    how is it even possible john? ur 2500 runs at default 11 * 166 = 1826

but if cracked ur fsb to 200? how the fuck is that possible? my system hangs if i go over 147 and that's only 10 percent of my cpu fsb

why didn't u change the multiplier to 12 or 12.5 and lower ur fsb a bit? ur cpu cooling is enough to cool a 3000 xp even a 3200 xp.

setting ur fsb to a crazy number like 200 really stress ur system

EDIT: what board do u use? does it support 400ddr?

btw: what is ur Vcore? 2.1v?

crazy oc bastards

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast