Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Computer Takes Ages To Shutdown

hi, it takes ages for my computer to shutdown. when i click shutdown, the blue XP-screen with logging off and windows is shutting down takes ages to show. its a new computer that i have and almost nothing has been installed yet. Help?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Mavol@4 October 2003 - 10:04
    hi, it takes ages for my computer to shutdown. when i click shutdown, the blue XP-screen with logging off and windows is shutting down takes ages to show. its a new computer that i have and almost nothing has been installed yet. Help?
    have a look here boss

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    if you have a nVidia card, go into msconfig and disable NVsvc from startup, see if that will help

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    it cud also take ages if u have a lot of programs in system tray

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Do you have NOD32 antivirus?That gives me problems to shutdown,even is the best av program ever .

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    No i have a ati 9200,
    i dont have NOD32 antivirus,
    it also takes ages if i first close all the prog in the system tray.

There were some programs installed on the computer when i got it, know anything else which could make my shutdown so slow?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    What pc do you have?You have Norton installed?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    you'll get some good suggestions here
    experts exhange.

here's a tip, i googled "xp slow shutdown" and it was the first result.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    no i dont have norton anymore, i thought it might be norton that slowed me down but it wasnt norton. I've installed norman instead, my overall pc performance has increased with norton gone but shutdown hasnt improved a lot, still takes ages.

not really the same prob but ill see if i can find anything on experts exchange.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    didnt find anything on experts exchange that worked :'( , gonna do a google search myself. why didnt i think of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast