Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overwhelming choices

amashinga's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Wow, help me out here please, I am feeling a little swamped

I am a very light torrent user. I download a few movies each month, a few sporting events, a few songs or albums, a few TV episodes, a few e-books and a some other bits and pieces.

I got most of my stuff off piratebay. Not that it matters, but just for the record I have always been a good citizen, seeding where it was needed without any rules in place. Because of the recent changes at TPB, I decided to find an alternative. I learnt about private trackers in the process of looking, even got myself a small seedbox. Now comes the problem, there are sooo many private trackers, and all of them have reasonable reviews.

Can anyone help me out with an honest to goodness suggestion of a tracker for a causual broad based user like me. The most important thing for me is variety of torrents, I dont always watch the latest movie or listen to the latest music. The only thing is, please don't suggest a tracker that is closed for signup, I am strictly a casual user, so I don't really want to get into invite trading or anything like that. I would also prefer a tracker that does not require you to be too active on forums or IRC, quite honestly I prefer to spend my time reading or doing woodwork. Ratio rules are no problem though. Ok, now all you kids can stop laughing your asses off at me, nobody escapes age

Thank you in advance.

Amashinga

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Demonoid. You might need a sign-up code because it's not open 24-7 but it does open once or so a week I believe, if you're patient.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I would honestly suggest torrentleech. Very easy to seed, and easily has the widest variety of torrents I've seen from any bigshot general tracker. It has the widest "variety" you'll find in a general tracker.

It is however closed to signups, but it shouldn't be very hard to find an invite. Make a genuine request and you might get lucky . It's relatively "low level" and not very "l33t" (ie invites are not impossible to find) so you shouldn't have too many issues.

If you really need an open signup tracker you could try torrentbytes(Make sure you READ the faq, rules, and follow their instructions WORD FOR WORD when signing up, they have a painstakingly nitpicky registration process), demonoid (no ratio rules so slow) or bitsoup (I get 5-6 pms every sign fricking day asking for donations), which are open for signup relatively often but if your looking for a signle dedicated tracker TL is your best bet imo.
    Last edited by Rart; 09-02-2009 at 06:19 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    TorrentBytes is 0day it does not have older movies. Infact it implements TTL and deletes (relatively) old stuff even if they have seeds.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 09-02-2009 at 06:30 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kukushka's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    demonoid is definitely a great choice, but if you'll want something less messed up, i could recommend you iptorrents - it's invite only, but i'm sure that if you'll make a request here when you'll be able to do it, it will be filled. there are ~64k torrents by the way. ratioless pretome with 37k torrents could be a good alternative.

if you definitely want open signups - well, stick with bitsoup/torrentbytes, but trackers, mentioned above are better
    Last edited by kukushka; 09-02-2009 at 06:34 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    There is no perfect tracker .
    If you are unconcerned about speed Demonoid is the best choice since it has the greatest variety along with terrific retention . Otherwise go with IPtorrents.
    Although it is invite only you can pay a tiny amount and get in as a VIP.
    Good request filling for hard to find stuff too.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Welcome, Amashinga! I enjoyed reading your post. I really hope you decide to stick around and visit with us. With a sincere, honest, and well articulated post like this one, you will have no problem receiving invites. As a matter of fact, if you were through your 30 day probation, I would give you a few to choose from myself.

Please stay away from trading! It is one of those things that you can do, but once you are involved, many of the people who would have helped you, no longer will.

Anyway, stick around FST, engage in come conversations, and ride out you "probation" period. After that, PM me with a link to this page (so I don't think you are just someone randomly asking for invites) and we can go from there.

Good to have you here!

MBM
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    brento's Avatar Poster
    If TPS worked well for you, I would suggest Demonoid. It's got a massive selection, and since you don't seem too worried about pre-times or speed, Demonoid will be great for you!

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Try everything you can and keep what you like and stop looking once you're satisfied. I'm on 4 main trackers right now but for the longest time was on 3. However, in the beginning I was on almost 20 checking them all out. If you don't like a tracker then just never log in again. It will expire in time and that will be the end of it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    You can download from demonoid without having an account there.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast