Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Delete Protected Files?

i am tring to delete a movie, but each til i try i get a msg that says: " Cannot delete access i denied"

how can i delete such files, i have tried renamem but that sisnt help.

i am usinf XP PRO.

thanks

DVDLOVER25

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You need admintrative priviliges to do this.

First turn off simple file sharing in folder options (control Panel). Now right click on the folder- security>advance>owner. Claim ownership of the folder. You'll now be able to delete the folder.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 18:52
    You need admintrative priviliges to do this.

First turn off simple file sharing in folder options (control Panel). Now right click on the folder- security>advance>owner. Claim ownership of the folder. You'll now be able to delete the folder.
    or u cud try doing it by command prompt

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    You can also get Free File, a freeware program which shows what processes are claiming the file in question and allows you to terminate them...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    ive had this before; took me a while to figure it out :"> : i was uploading the file to someone in kazaa. after he was finished i deleted it. Or you can restart your computer but delete it first before you start any program. See if that helps.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    The last two posts apply if windows gives you a dialogue saying the file is in use. In your case, when "access is denied", it won't work.

Don't listen to these other guys.......

ps. i meant administrative priviliges, not "admintrative".

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Out of The Ordinary
    Start - Run - Command - CD C:\Movies - del something.avi [THIS WILL DELETE SOMETHING.AVI]

BOT

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    BANNED
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 15:19
    The last two posts apply if windows gives you a dialogue saying the file is in use. In your case, when "access is denied", it won't work.

Don't listen to these other guys.......

man you have got serious issues, now that you have an idea of what you are talking about how about a little people skills, where you born and raised in a room with a pc all by your self or something

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN+4 October 2003 - 19:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MUSLEMAN &#064; 4 October 2003 - 19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 15:19
    The last two posts apply if windows gives you a dialogue saying the file is in use. In your case, when "access is denied", it won&#39;t work.

Don&#39;t listen to these other guys.......&nbsp;

man you have got serious issues, now that you have an idea of what you are talking about how about a little people skills, where you born and raised in a room with a pc all by your self or something [/b][/quote]

I have issues?

That really is a little rich coming from you. You spend your entire life on this board posting crap, and i have issues? If anyone has issues, it&#39;s you. Get some friends, get a social life, get a life. You FREAK.

ps. sorry to mavol and clocker if you took offence. I doubt it though.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@4 October 2003 - 13:12

ps. sorry to mavol and clocker if you took offence. I doubt it though.
    No prob.
    I&#39;ve never run into this issue myself.
    I found the FreeFile program during my peregrinations and thought it might be useful.
    I&#39;m kinda hoping someone will try it and tell me if it works...
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast