Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cd Sales Fall

CD Sales Continue to Fall

The population of P2P networks remain steady and music sales continue to fall. All this despite the RIAA's intense efforts to resurrect a dying industry through litigation.

What's most interesting is that CD sales are not just falling in the United States, as sales were down by 11 percent worldwide. Even more interesting, sales continue to fall even though we’ve seen recent releases from supposed powerhouse "artists" like 50-cent and the dreaded Christina Aguilera.

While the RIAA and copyright holders are quick to blame online piracy from P2P communities such at Gnutella and FastTrack, a more definitive reason remain to be seen. The RIAA refuses to believe that a global economic downturn is having a significant affect on sales, while brushing off suggestions that natural business cycles have taken their toll.

Perhaps the continued persecution of the American people is having the greatest affect on record sales. An observational attitude of the online community will notice the growing organization against the music industry. While many of former consumers would normally be happy to support their favorite artist, recent RIAA actions leave former-purchasers questioning this practice.

READ MORE HERE

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Double Agent

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    well hopefully this is showing the RIAA that they are loosing no matter how hard they try!!!! Sharing is Caring!

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Formula1@6 October 2003 - 17:09
    Sharing is Caring!
    Hugs, not drugs!

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    Yeah, same ol same ol.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Well I dont know what other people think..

But in my opinion artist normaly say they sing becuase they love it. So I turn around and think.. Many people do that as well like teachers, cops, many more. They dont get paid millions. So why should a signer get paid millions? Same thing goes out for Football players and basketbball players. Imagine we all stopped going to the games for a year. What would happen?

Yes what would happen is my ?

Now you all my think im an ass for saying this but. Its what I feel.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    CD sales are falling because:

1). They are vastly overpriced.
    2). The majority of new music is shit.

I myself won't buy a CD unless I have already heard at least 3 songs on it, and fnd that I like them. Now, how am I supposed to hear those good songs when the radio stations only play the dross?

Free p2p filesharing of course!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by barbarossa@10 October 2003 - 10:35
    CD sales are falling because:

1). They are vastly overpriced.
    2). The majority of new music is shit.

I myself won't buy a CD unless I have already heard at least 3 songs on it, and fnd that I like them. Now, how am I supposed to hear those good songs when the radio stations only play the dross?

Free p2p filesharing of course!
    Singles in the uk are getiing battered, but album sales are doing as well as ever
    Last edited by Barbarossa; 04-03-2007 at 09:46 AM.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by powershot@9 October 2003 - 19:20
    Well I dont know what other people think..

But in my opinion artist normaly say they sing becuase they love it. So I turn around and think.. Many people do that as well like teachers, cops, many more. They dont get paid millions. So why should a signer get paid millions? Same thing goes out for Football players and basketbball players. Imagine we all stopped going to the games for a year. What would happen?

Yes what would happen is my ?

Now you all my think im an ass for saying this but. Its what I feel.
    I totaly agree, there are people who are far more deserving like teachers and scientists who get payed squat for the job they do, compared to the multimillion dollars that these actors, singers and sportsman get.

Good riddence to the movie and music industry's a like.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    echidna's Avatar Poster
    another fact contributing to the reduced sales of the record companies is the reduced numbers of releases they're putting out. but that doesn't make the news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast