Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'free' Money?

lmao, this has to be fake...just got this mail, anyone else had it?

"To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages but this is from my good friend ***** ****** and she really is an attorney. If she says that this will work - it WILL work.
    After all, what have you got to lose?
    SORRY EVERYBODY..JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!!
    I'm an attorney, and I know the law. This thing is for real.
    Rest assured AOL and Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.
    Dear Friends,
    Please do not take this for a junk letter.
    Bill Gates is sharing his fortune. If you ignore this you will repent later. Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.
    When you forward this e-mail to friends,
    Microsoft can and will track it (if you are a Microsoft Windows user) for a two week time period.
    For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay you $245.00, for every person that you sent it to that forwards it on, Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives it, you will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact you for your address and then send you a cheque Regards.
    Charles S. Bailey
    General Manager Field Operations
    1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-245-1085 or
    RNX
    292-1085
    [email protected]

I thought this was a scam myself, but two weeks after receiving this e-mail and forwarding it on, Microsoft contacted me for my address and within days, I received a cheque for US$24,800.00. You need to respond before the beta testing is over. If anyone can afford this Bill Gates is the man.
    It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many people as possible.
    You are bound to get at least US$10,000.00.
    We're not going to help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little something for our time. My brother's Girlfriend got in on this a few months ago. When I went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game.
    She showed me her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid In Full".
    Like I said before, I know the law, and this is for real"
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Yay&#33; Thanks to the internet I&#39;ll end up with a bigger penis and a lot of cash&#33;&#33;&#33;

3. Lounge   -   #3
    internet.news
    It sounds unserious - thousands of Dollary for just forwarding? why?

If you really got it: congretulations :) enjoy it as far as you can - you only live
    once&#33;

thks.

david.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Originally posted by Gurahl@4 October 2003 - 22:56
    Yay&#33; Thanks to the internet I&#39;ll end up with a bigger penis and a lot of cash&#33;&#33;&#33;

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Originally posted by internet.news@4 October 2003 - 22:57
    It sounds unserious - thousands of Dollary for just forwarding? why?

If you really got it: congretulations enjoy it as far as you can - you only live
    once&#33;

thks.

david.
    i only just got it yesterday and i have no contact with the people who have supposedly got money from it...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

6. Lounge   -   #6
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    If this is for real then where do I get my seeds to plant my money tree?

7. Lounge   -   #7

8. Lounge   -   #8
    wormless's Avatar Beauty
    prob someone off here as u have yr email there. i not got but not checked

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Damn it back to work on Monday

10. Lounge   -   #10
    It&#39;s all a trick. I don&#39;t actually think it&#39;s possible for a company to track an email across the internet.

Also, never open an email from someone you don&#39;t know (unless of course it&#39;s a mailing list you&#39;ve subscribed to. That&#39;s how I keep safe from scams.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast