Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharing

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    they will not sue a 12 year old girl plus for a start how much she got to give them 2 bucks??

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    They did sue her but the community donated the money to pay the charge she ended up making a profit as the people donated more than she was being sued for

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    discreativedan
    Originally posted by Adster@5 October 2003 - 09:11
    they will not sue a 12 year old girl plus for a start how much she got to give them 2 bucks??
    i laughed my ass off when i read that. someone hasn't been keeping up with the news. the riaa doesn't give a shit about anybody. they aren't even putting efficientf effort into suing people either. they've made about 200 lawsuits to people who just had files with keywords like "britney spears" in them but no copyrighted material that they've had to retract.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by murphyleesdad@4 October 2003 - 20:37
    I have been a member of ALL the P2P file sharing outlets on/off over the past 4 years and I think that this ongoing problem is getting worse. SOON there will be no downloads available due to the paranoid attitude of most members. Over the years I have had anywhere from 2500 at a high to 50 at a low depending on whether I've crashed and burned and lost everything. When in a rebuilding time as I am now, I just cannot believe the number of people who are uploading from me and not sharing. (almost always 99% no results shown)

Pretty sad, people, and I know what all the 'bleeding hearts' out there that will say that I'm just another whiner about not going with the flow but, dammit, the name of the game is P 2 P and if noone is going to share then it will all just collapse one day. :pirate:
    Care to name these p2p sharing outlets that you alledge to be a member of?

You seem like another scaremonger to me.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    cappella(m)'s Avatar Poster
    That's true.. Many people who download from me don't have any files at all.. Some people don't share because they're afraid from copyright b..astards other people don't want to loose their bandwith.. Or something like this..but if it really continues so far soon there'll be no downloads available on kazaa.... shit !! so all you scared f..ckers share files !!

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cappella(m)@5 October 2003 - 08:08
    so all you scared f..ckers share files !!
    NO!

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    Thats the sad nature of what I like to call the "Kazaa Generation" Its been made to easy for people to just type something in and download it.
    A lot of the users don't understand the fundamentals of P2P filesharing
    But P2P will continue and at the moment nothing can stop it.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    The analogy i'd use is horses for courses
    Some days no one takes my files but i'll download lots, other days i have a biq queue of uploads with nothing the other way.
    I never bother a lot of times to check the users files, if they want a film or song then i let them have it no questions asked.
    I leave Kazaa on 18 hours a day and seldom do i get chance to check whose downloading from me anyway.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    People arnt sharing... isnt that why kazaa introduced the peer points rating thing? and people don't want to be forced to share... isnt that why K-lite turned it off?
    So i don't think people should be forced to share files, some of them have really good reasons for not sharing, and instead of blaming them for everything wrong with the world of P2P, why not suggest something that will help fix it?

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    kamikadze666
    What I really don't like in KaZaa Lite are the options like:
    Constant 1000 PL;
    Block incoming messages;
    Users can't get a list of your shared files;
    and some others.

People use these options without any purpose.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast