Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sharing

I think that ppl who share should atleast be given priority somehow only fare I reckon.

2. File Sharing   -   #22
    Originally posted by N£MO+5 October 2003 - 12:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (N£MO &#064; 5 October 2003 - 12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-murphyleesdad@4 October 2003 - 20:37
    I have been a member of ALL the P2P file sharing outlets on/off over the past 4 years and I think that this ongoing problem is getting worse.&nbsp; SOON there will be no downloads available due to the paranoid attitude of most members.&nbsp; Over the years I have had anywhere from 2500 at a high to 50 at a low depending on whether I&#39;ve crashed and burned and lost everything.&nbsp; When in a rebuilding time as I am now, I just cannot believe the number of people who are uploading from me and not sharing.&nbsp; (almost always 99% no results shown)

Pretty sad, people, and I know what all the &#39;bleeding hearts&#39; out there that will say that I&#39;m just another whiner about not going with the flow but, dammit, the name of the game is P 2 P and if noone is going to share then it will all just collapse one day. :pirate:
    Care to name these p2p sharing outlets that you alledge to be a member of?

You seem like another scaremonger to me. [/b][/quote]
    Just had a chance to look at the forums. Haven&#39;t been able to for quite awhile and I am pleased with most of the responses and problems a lot of you are having. I&#39;m just wondering what the point of a lot of these responses are such as &#39;why would someone disbelieve that another file sharer has belonged to any number of p2p programs and why I would be considered a "scaremonger"?&#39;. Some of you should just get a life and quit spending all the time you do submitting the inane responses that you do. These forums are here for airing out problems and expecting rational answers to legitamate problems. I sincerely believe that a lot of the forum members are just wanting to see their names in print and display their inadequate attempt at trying to impress. REALLY, what does your post offer to a legitamate question? In answer to your lame attempt at posting, I have had: Napster, Limewire, Blubster, Morpheus, E-donkey, etc., etc., and for that matter, exactly what is your point for asking?

3. File Sharing   -   #23
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@4 October 2003 - 20:40
    no shit,

in the past i was able to download 4 to 1 upload

now it&#39;s 1 to 1 or worse.

sometimes i get no downloads at all.

time to head back to irc channels
    perhaps if our connection were 1:1 on downstream/upstream, such as SDSL this would not be a problem???
    blame it on IP capping crap on us trying to slow or make it difficult for us to upload files. LAME right?

4. File Sharing   -   #24
    Double Agent
    woah i can&#39;t remember even my own stuff from OCTOBER&#33;&#33;&#33;

i must&#39;ve refered it to something

anyway most of our conections are NOT 1:1 upload/download it&#39;s asymetrical, meaning higher download than upload.

some isps cap the connect to manage its cost, others do little policing on the bandwidth

depends on what you are talking about...

5. File Sharing   -   #25
    my line is capable of 7.5mbit/880kbps but i&#39;m capped at 1.5mbit/256 and I must pay 36.95 a month for a year, if I bail out now I must pay penalty fee of 200 bucks. whether i like it or not i&#39;m pwned just like everyone else. It stinks, I swear even having 3mbit/512kbps would make me very please at same price...but hell they want to control everything including our lives and even our babies are not our to dictate, what the hell???
    spanking a kid is abuse
    so just let them grow up to be be some weirdos, what is the world coming to???
    no discipline, no rules, the end of the world?
    anyway back on topic,
    they suck, i want my bandwidth for a mere price of 19.95 like it was many years ago with dialup... now they just getting more expensive all the time and setting crazy caps that was made for leeching and their excuses of low upload cap is that their is not enough bandwidth to go around. BS&#33;&#33;&#33;
    You can fool a sheep, you can fool a dog but you can&#39;t fool me

6. File Sharing   -   #26
    This has been posted a million times, im kind of on both sides, let me state my reasons.
    one reason why people dont share is because they are on dial up because when i was on dial up people with fast connections took my speed away from me.

One reason why i side with sharing files because you give you shall receive <remember that>

And for the one&#39;s that dont know about sharing files, people have an option to be safe from RIAA and MPPA so they choose to HIDE their files from them but at the same time SHARE with others and thats were all this mix up takes place when people think because when he/she try to look at the uploaders files it says no SEARCH FINISH WITHOUT ANY RESULTS and thats because they are hiding their files from RIAA and MPPA but sharing with USSSSSS&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123