Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a fast and stable seedbox

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I've changed priority since my last thread so I thought I'd start a new one, but for some reason I cannot seem to close it.
    Anyway, my current plan with feralhosting will expire soon so I am looking for a new provider. I'm looking for...

*Fast (and stable) speeds
    -The feral box could reach sick speeds when bursting, but it rarely had a constant upload of 1MB/s or more.
    Perhaps it was just my choice of torrents, but either way I am not satisfied with such a result.

*No setup fee (preferably)
    -I don't like paying a huge ammount in extra fees (in some cases the setup fee is higher than the price of the seedbox), but if there is a really great server out there that has a setup fee, tell me about it anyway.

*Good customer service/support
    -Even if I don't require any help, I feel a lot better endorsing a company that takes good care of its customers. In other words, hosts with sucky attitudes (outy) are out of question.

I would prefer a server with unlimited traffic and/or VNC access, although it's not required. Apart from that I naturally want a good price but not at the expense of the quality of the service.
    I would rather pay a bit more and be guaranteed a nice and fast server with good, stable speeds. I don't really care too much about the server specs, but I'd prefer if it were dedicated.

Which provider/plan would you recommend for my needs?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Seedbox Provider
    Most providers have no setup fees, speeds are all over the place depending on what you're seeding, how active they are, what client you use & how it's setup, how many users per box, what they are doing... so many variables.

I provide good support to all my users. Can't say the same for the various people who hang out in our chat room or forums but personally that's what I'm here for, I don't deal with any technical issues I deal with customer service and let other people do the rest.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    check pm, i can offer u some servers.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    If you're looking for a cheap seedbox then i would recommend rapidseed.net . You can contact me via email on the site.

Thanks,

Nova
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-14-2009 at 06:48 PM. Reason: removed link

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Does anyone have any independent recommendations? So far only resellers have commented.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Hi, Affinity. I was pointed to this forum and site by a remote friend, and see you're having trouble with the sales-department spamming you. Well, I use xirvik.com. [I tried to post a reply, but discovered it was a "quick reply", and that it had to be approved by a mod before you could see it. Maybe this one has too, but I'll try the regular "reply" button anyway. That way you'll get the same info twice,but so what? If it's good then go with it.. :-)]
    Xirvik seems to be what you might be looking for: 100 Mbps unlimited, unmeasured up/down, the most machine for the less money I've found anywhere, and customer support for free, msn-live support, or e-mail if you want, unlimited (except for that you'll have to wait for a while, sometimes, maybe some hours, if they've got lots to do or are out for pizza and beverage.) They're really helpful, offers great deals, and full money-back or reallocation of your server if the speed doesn't meet your requirements. I had some problems with a thing or two I weren't used to, and they offered me a full refund, no hard feelings. Then we found out that they could modify it for me, and now I'm happy as can be..

I'd give it a try, were I you.. But I'm me, and I'm so happy this machine does the heavy lifting, I'm FREE! Yahoooo...!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Who trusts a recommendation from an individual with a low post-count?
    Last edited by Fibre; 10-04-2009 at 09:42 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Clean little helper BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    From what I've heard from different people, JMHServices are the best if you're looking for 100 mbit. I don't have any experience with them, though, because the prices are too high for my taste.
    I'm with superseeder.eu which are nice in my opinion, but they have limited traffic.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Who trusts a recommendation from an individual with a low post-count?
    Now that was uncalled for. Where were you "experts" and "Philantropists" up until I actually made a post as a private person NOT working for anyone, but complying to the original call?

Yeah, that makes you really trustworthy..
    But.. Everyone has their threshold of rude and politeness, I guess.
    I'd trust me more than the one flaming me because I'm s newbie to this site. In fact I'd trust me more because I am.

From what I've heard from different people, JMHServices are the best if you're looking for 100 mbit. I don't have any experience with them, though, because the prices are too high for my taste.
    Well, with xirvik, that's not a problem. Like I told you; they're low price, polite, helpful and reliable. Getting more and more from that box everyday.. But, your choice. I'd appreciate a little feedback, though. I'm trying to help, and I'm NOT a newbie on filesharing..
    Last edited by Verifire; 10-06-2009 at 03:11 AM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thanks for the recommendations, I went with Xirvik and I have never been so pleased with a seedbox (although I've only had one before this).
    The speeds are nice, the prices are affordable and the service is great. I am definetely going to keep using them as my seedbox provider.

However, I would still like to recieve more recommendations. It's nice to try new stuff sometimes and who knows, maybe there's an even better provider out there somewhere...?
    Last edited by monkeyseat; 10-06-2009 at 05:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast