Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kill Bill Volume 1

Poster

Who here is excited about kill bill? Trailers can be seen at http://www.kill-bill.com/. I can't wait for the movie, I hope there is a leak soon. Of course, like any good movie, I will go see it in the cinema.

Apparantley it's very similar in style to pulp fiction, and written at the same time (all those years ago). I guess this film has the potential to be really good, I hope so.

Anyway, does anyone have news on this release? Are you looking forward to it, what is your expectations?

I can't wait,
    8 days.... 8 long days,
    - EzyRyder

Plot Outline

Uma Thurman stars in Quentin Tarantino's fourth film venture, Kill Bill. Thurman plays a character known as the Bride, a pregnant assassin who is shot by her boss, Bill (David Carradine), on her wedding day, leaving herself and the wedding guests lying for dead. She survives and after being in a coma for five years, she wakes to seek revenge on her co-workers and boss who had attacked her. She sets out to strike down her once fellow assassins, leaving Bill for last.

Lucy Liu

Uma Thurman

Chiaki Kuriyama

(girl who wore yellow tracksuit in battle royale,
    the girl who stabbed the man in the unmentionables)

Some potentially violent scene, excellent

And lastly, Bill Himself played by:

David Carradine

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    quinten lost his touch IMO
    plus im not too hot on Uma

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    really looking forward to this as im a massive pulp fiction & dogs fan but i really didnt like jacky brown.... im intrested to see if it was just a 1 off or if hes just becoming a shit writter/director... just to add... i hope hes not.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    It looks great, i just don't know if i like how there's going to be 2 parts

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    yaeh, the two volumes don't sound like a good idea. I think this movie has great potential, considering it was written at the same time as pulp fiction, when he was still fresh. let's hope.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by olibomb@2 October 2003 - 16:28
    It looks great, i just don't know if i like how there's going to be 2 parts
    It was made into 2 parts because it was to long and of course...to make more money
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    sounds brill ...can't wait.
    shame everyone i know isnt in the same town. Uma thurman = bonus

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Wise Kvcd Maker/PIMP
    I wan't to see this film, I hope it is as good as it seems.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster
    I want to see this film too but I think it will probably dissapoint. David Carradine is the cheesiest actor ever. Uma may be good looking (I personally don't think so) but she is definately no ninja and the thought of her pulling off wire tricks like Keanu Reeves' slow and dimwitted performance in the matrix and reloaded is nauseating to me. Also the only thing that Lucy Liu has ever touched that didn't turn to utter crap(examples of utter crap see: Ally Mcbeal, either Charlie's Angels movie, Ecks Vs. Sever) was Payback and her part in that movie brought it down a notch. Also it wasn't written at the same time as pulp fiction from what I hear it was just the idea for it was being tossed around on the set of PF by tarentino and Thermon. It's not even an original idea(someone tries to assassinate hitman, hitman comes back for revenge) It's been done a million times. Anyways I am already kind of dissapointed with Tarantino on this one but like the rest of you I hope he proves me wrong.

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    zinc1's Avatar Poster
    This is just my opinion but I think QT has come up trumps with this movie.

The basic plotline may be told many times before as mentioned,buts its how you create your characters and make sure they stand out.

Forget what thurman has made before,this movie might be a big break for her as an action heroine.

I did like the movie with Geena Davis called A long Kiss Goodnight it was a great action movie,but I reckon kill Bill will be a lot better and deffinetly a lot bigger.

ps.I don't mean length wise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast