Thread: Heist empties Apple store in just 31 seconds

Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Heist empties Apple store in just 31 seconds
    September 4, 2009

" Apple's carefully thought-out notebook designs, as well as the clean lines of the iconic Apple Stores, make things very easy for smash-and-grab thieves.

Better. Faster. Easier. That is the slogan for Apple's new operating system, OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

It could also refer to the heist that took place Wednesday in Marlton, New Jersey.

First, the uncluttered, open design of the store, unencumbered by ugly metal shutters, made it easy to smash the plate glass window with just one blow.

Next, the thieves signaled to the security guard that they had a gun and then took off along the long, clear tables of merchandise, the straight run allowing them to efficiently scoop MacBooks and iPods into their swag bags.

The magsafe cords detached instantly, offering no resistance and leaving power sockets undamaged.

Finally, the stiff unibody shells meant that the villains could grab the notebooks one-handed from a corner with no flexing, and no risk to the internal circuitry, the tough aluminum bodies resisting the jostling clanks inside the sacks.

And so we see that it is true that Apple really does design for the end-user, with small efficiencies that all add up. Thanks to Apple, the scoundrels managed to load up their booty  23 Macbook Pros, 14 iPhones and nine iPod Touches  in just 31 seconds.
    As Steve Jobs might say, "Boom!" Store employees should watch for anyone wanting to buy 23 main adapters in the next few days. "

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/09/04/a...ery/index.html Homepage: CNN

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19

Now, can somebody remind me what a Mac is?..
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    darkstate01's Avatar Poster
    I think,So don't quote me on this, Its one of those burger devices that clogs up your heart and gives you a lard ass
    As i said I think,....I might be wrong.
    PAIN is just WEAKNESS leaving the body

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Do you think maybe we could stay on topic?

yo

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    They will all get caught...but damn i wish I can give one of them a quick G for one right now

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Wow...I don't think windows or snow leopard can boot up that fast!