Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Penalty In Us?

internet.news
    ok,

that is a hot topic: I think criminals are also unfortunately just humans although I can understand If someone would attack me or hurt me physically or psychologically, my personal feelings would lead to be angry and sad... but I think
    objectively they are also just humans and if the state decide to kill someone of murder, the state is not better then the criminal. But we /the state should show
    these criminals that we are better humans... in some ways... That is one main reason why I think they should remove death penalty in United States.

Other reason is that many innocent people - about 3000 I think as I read - are
    now waiting to be executed...

Yeah that is sad...

thanks anyway, david.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    Firstly there are degree of crime as there are degrees of punishment I don’t agree with chopping someone’s hand off for stealing some food, however I am talking about more serious crimes here. A few years ago this would have been a debate I would have relished, I now feel it’s somewhat of a circular argument:

Improper behaviour need punishment
    Punishment needs to work
    Death Plenty Works
    Death Plenty betrays social values it upholds

Then,

How do we punish and educate if effective punishment is inherently barbaric??

My stance now is what about making live imprisonment that, i.e. life, that way if they are innocent the truth will out and if their not they certainly won’t ever get out

(as it will inevitably come up I see it as irrelevant whether or not the prisoner supports themselves from an economic point of view, see http://www.huppi.com/kangaroo/L-chinairu.htm if interested, for an economy to stay healthy with continued growth there must always be a level of unemployment, sometimes called the natural level of unemployment if this is composed of prisoners the economy is not harmed and live for a non-prisoner is not effected – though it still sounds good and emotive if you say, there living off my hard earned money I guess)

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Double Agent
    there is no death panelty in Canada.

Our prisoners are treated like presidents. good food good life.

and guess who's paying it?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    I argee the punished should not have a better life than those that are supposedly free

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Personally i'm against the death penalty, you can read the rest of my opinions in the other death penalty topic :-"
    I personally don't mind a new topic on it, but I'll probably not be posting in it much.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    LeGoMyFnLeg
    Surely there must be some small event or injustice in your own countries that you could spend as much time and effort on.
    The state of dental hygeine in britain for example?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@4 October 2003 - 21:52

and guess who's paying it?
    Yep.The same down here in the States.They get Heart Transplants and whatever Medical care they need.Yet working People Die waiting for their turn.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+5 October 2003 - 01:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 5 October 2003 - 01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-james_bond_rulez@4 October 2003 - 21:52

and guess who&#39;s paying it?
    Yep.The same down here in the States.They get Heart Transplants and whatever Medical care they need.Yet working People Die waiting for their turn. [/b][/quote]
    There&#39;s few things I hate more than that. I really can&#39;t stand the fact that prisoners get treated like kings and queens while hard working citizens get screwed over.

When was the last time you heard of a normal U.S. citizen getting his sex change paid for with the people&#39;s tax dollars? Never. But wait, it seems as though that&#39;s perfectly acceptable if you&#39;ve committed a crime.

Seriously, a sex change? That&#39;s crossing the line from necessity to live to "Hey what the hell, I might as well change my sex. I&#39;ve got nothing better to do and I&#39;m sure my cell-mate will appreciate it."

And even if it is a necessity to live they should still have to pay for it. What does them being in jail have to do with anything.

From now on when I have a costly operation coming up I&#39;ll rob a bank.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Poster
    i think the only people that should get the death penalty are psycotic murderes.

you know the retarded ones that just snap after a while and start going crazy, like those retard kids that shoot up schools and end up killing some other kids.

but, for those who kill for a reason, as in if some guy killed your daughter or son or something, and then you went out and killed that guy then i think its ok.

geez if someone killed me and i had a chance to come back and kill him, i would.

im sure you would all want to.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    I think the point about them being in jail is that they can earn no money, so they can&#39;t pay for health insurance / anything else.
    What about mentally ill people, should they get free health care.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast