Thread: Ripping Dvd's..

Poster
    why is it, when ever i rip a movie from a dvd and convert to avi, it turns out looking exelent.

but whenever i rip anime's or cartoon style movies they turn out not looking so great.

anyone know how onegai teacher and onegai twins was ripped ? they are pretty damn good quality, cant even notice any pixilation and they are pretty small size too.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    muchspl2
    its your settings
    have you tried the gordain knot methdod?
    and what codec are you tring?

http://gknot.doom9.org/

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Poster
    well when i use divx the quality is pretty good, but theres lots of break ups in the picture.

and when i use xvid the quality is also great and there is no breakups but as soon as there is ltos of movement it gets pretty pixilized.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    It depends on a lot of things. Many of the 'sources' for anime is awful, resulting in having to use filters etc, and you also have to de-interlace, maybe smooth the picture and so on. Thing is, there's no 'universal' method to always get it great, it depends on the source. So, you just have to try, of course after a few tries it gets easier as you get to know the basics =)

Anyways, to help you on your way to ripping anime with great qual (and soft subs) head over to http://guide.mellbin.org/ (I am sure you have seen some stuff from Zhentarim ([zx]))

Happy encoding ^_^

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    You should also tell us what program you are using to encode. 1-disc or 2? One-pass or two? What audio codec? MP3 or AC3? AC3 on one disc will always be crappy! How many channels? 2 or 5.1? Codec version?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    well the im ripping them from my dvd's. and i decrypt them with dvd decrypter, then i use flask mpeg to turn them in avi. the anime is dbz.
    the audio is pcm 1411kbps.

i was thinking to post a hash and someone can download maybe 10mb of it and tell me if they think its good quality. weather you like dbz or not, just so i can get your thoughts on the quality.

but i have dialup so you wont be able to download it from me at more then 1kb a sec or soemthing hey?