Rart's Avatar Hold The Line

Unsure

From ONE thread:

you have autism.
    who shit in your lucky charms today?
    follow the leader
    And it doesn't have users like you cabalo, which is as well a valid point

You may change the review you did months ago
    (Referencing to some accusation that cabalo did a review of CN on an alternate account, whether its true or not I don't know, but not necessary...)

plz respect KushBlow, he has ftn.
    i wonder how this dupe account of yours here is not yet disabled, as your other (FBI) account is.

bleh, do you want me to get interviewed and accepted? now your tracker ain't that safe, is it? piratebay style.
    Honestly, I don't think a single post can be made about "l33t" trackers without it turning into a giant flamefest within a matter of seconds filled with personal attacks, random offtopic, snide remarks, among other things. I'm not saying that the moderators aren't doing their job, I just feel like stricter moderation is really need to keep this a place people other than the regulars will really want to go to. I like coming here and discussing file sharing, but I can't when every other post is a flame or completely off topic.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    chalice's Avatar ____________________

Somebody needs a hug.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I don't think it's to the point of anarchy quite yet.

I'm actually pretty careful about real personal attacks as they are the one thing that really upset me and neither of the examples you gave imo were .As for the rest - being off topic it's really totally dependent on the topic
    and if something is patently ridiculous I have no problem if people ridicule it.

Sorry if you see differently .

Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

Somebody needs a hug.
    I wanted to say " you have autism" but I thought contextually it was inappropriate.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-12-2009 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Bah, let it be. Gotta admit it's hella funny?

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Thanks for replying Idoleyes, and I understand where you're coming from. I just find it aggravating that I have to look pretty hard just to find a thread that has some actual discussion in it, when the other 2/3 are just full of short, random, unecessary remarks that are rarely on topic. If they want to do that, why not go to the lounge =/.

On another note, I've learned not to take chalice's posts too seriously.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I don't think it's to the point of anarchy quite yet.

I'm actually pretty careful about real personal attacks as they are the one thing that really upset me and neither of the examples you gave imo were .As for the rest - being off topic it's really totally dependent on the topic
    and if something is patently ridiculous I have no problem if people ridicule it.

Sorry if you see differently .

Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post

Somebody needs a hug.
    I wanted to say " you have autism" but I thought contextually it was inappropriate.
    Never dither, mate. Never re-think your instincts.

That would've been funny as fuck. True story.

Rart, good man. You caught me on a good day. My post could've been a helluva lot worse.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    It's probably because the lounge used to be a far less welcoming place than it currently is and I agree that there aren't (m)any bt threads of worth but all I can suggest is that you do your part to insert a little sense or maybe create a topic of value yourself.

I'll take your point under advisement though Rart and try to tighten things up a bit.

Btw I probably don't have to tell you that FST isn't the only place with most threads filled with useless spam.It happens at much better places than this.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 09-12-2009 at 08:17 PM.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    depends on your definition of better places.
    i find this to be the best, despite its vietnam like, napalm filled threads.
    only the fittest survive, and there's no better place than this board to relax and enjoy.

just stay away from those born-to-flames threads, and all will be ok. but then, you'd have missed 90% of the fun of this place.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Admittedly I have to agree that crapping on a swepsycho thread is very tempting. He is just asking for it. Although its most likely that hes just purposely trolling, no one could be that stupid....right? It provides some decent fun.

But randomly talking about other members (plz respect kushblow, he has ftn) and other random offtopic remarks, especially in valid, genuine threads just seems a little unnecessary to me. Keep the crap to the threads dedicated to crap =/
    Last edited by Rart; 09-12-2009 at 10:37 PM.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Admittedly I have to agree that crapping on a swepsycho thread is very tempting. He is just asking for it. Although its most likely that hes just purposely trolling, no one could be that stupid....right? It provides some decent fun.

But randomly talking about other members (plz respect kushblow, he has ftn) and other random offtopic remarks, especially in valid, genuine threads just seems a little unnecessary to me. Keep the crap to the threads dedicated to crap =/
    I think the same thing about swepsycho and if you review my posts you will see that I've said exactly that a couple of times .I also said I don't see the harm in it though.

"plz respect kushblow, he has ftn" was said in a joking friendly way so instead of detracting from anything I actually believe the board is richer for it .

Again just my opinion I could be wrong of course.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast