Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Xirvik trial review

Poster BT Rep: +3
    Did anyone here get a US box? Im located in the US and wanted to check my speeds. Thanks

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    What, just now I read there are free trials. I've already paid for an account at xirvik and it is pretty good actually.
    I like the interface, but it lacks a few key options. Unraring would be a nice feature to add.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Solariz View Post
    I like the interface, but it lacks a few key options. Unraring would be a nice feature to add.
    The thing is, these semidedicated servers give a lot of space, unlimited torrents, etc, for little money, but the downside is that we are squeezing every drop of performance out of them - unraring in the server on top of having unlimited torrents would be very very slow, and also add a lot of load to HDs that are already giving everything :-)

If you need more than torrenting, you can go with a shared server (they are very large, so there's lots of spare power around to unrar, etc) or a dedicated server. Did I mention our dedicated servers now come with utorrent on top of everything else?

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I signed up for a semidedi last night around 11pm CST. Will I get a free week since thats their advertisement on the site(12hrs or less setup or free first week!!). I havent been able to get a hold of their support through email or msn. After the snafu with o-sys.pl, after 4 months of gr8 service, I badly need a new seedbox. I have been inactive on all my private sites for the last couple of weeks and am already getting mails threatening to shut down my hardearned acounts.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    xirflux, can u pm me. I paid for a semidedi box last night, but have no response from you. I would like utorrent installed if possible because thats what I have been using on **********.pl that crapped out recently@!!!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    All I can say is their support is the best I saw until now.
    I have xirvik added to my messenger.
    He is allways very polite and helpfull.
    I have two seedboxs from them, and I'm very happy.
    the speeds are great. I can easily get 11.2mb sec down and up.

One of the seeds is the personal plan (the cheapest) with 1GB mem and 250gb hdd.
    The other is the personal 500 plan with 2gb RAM.
    The most noticeable thing is when i have both upload and download reaching the ceiling.
    The box with less mem and the small disk cannot reach 11mb down and up simultaneously. The other can top both at same time.

Later I decide to convert both seedboxs to dedi servers and once more xirvik was fast and impressively efficient.
    In less than one hour after asking him in messenger I have the root pass to start configuring my box.

After being almost 6 months in seedhost.eu, I can't even describe the world of differences about the support.

For me I will give 5 stars.. no prob
    Best reseller to me.
    Last edited by hugogt; 10-07-2009 at 06:44 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by tornadog View Post
    xirflux, can u pm me. I paid for a semidedi box last night, but have no response from you. I would like utorrent installed if possible because thats what I have been using on **********.pl that crapped out recently@!!!
    Sorry, just saw this...please don't ask for support in a forum thread, that's expecting too much from us :-)

We don't have any pending order. If you didn't get your server (and the email with the login data is not in the spam folder etc) please get in touch via email or MSN and we'll track it down.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    iKnow BT Rep: +1
    just one question when buying a semi-dedicated server, do u get 75gb each or is it the total? I mean I don't want the other maxing out the hdd..

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    I haven't been with Xirvik very long, but its going good.

I use the dedicated personal plan 500

It's the best 100mbit seedbox ive used, am the average is always 3MB/s - 5MB/s at least, i never fall below 3MB/s. My average upload per 24hours is 336.7GB.

am considering changing to the 1Gbit/s when this expires to see how that goes.

10/10 obviously!
    Last edited by andy1uk; 10-11-2009 at 03:05 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by tobb3 View Post
    just one question when buying a semi-dedicated server, do u get 75gb each or is it the total? I mean I don't want the other maxing out the hdd..
    You get 75 Gb for yourself of course.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast