Thread: 3DO On the Xbox

Poster BT Rep: +4
    Linux has been around on the Xbox for a while, so surprised this wasn't thought of sooner, as was done with Mugen. And Linux only takes about 5 seconds to put on your xbox. (Trust me I've only been playing with Linux for about a week.)

Seeing how there's two main emulators that aren't emulated on the xbox; yabause (Sega Saturn) and FreeDo (3DO), and for some reason, there's no interest in porting these for some reason..

So, Seeing how there is a direct linux port for yarbause, I figured this would be quite easy to get up and running on the xbox. But, alas. this Linux is very new to me, and I've hit a brick wall, just dealing with this packages, packs, .deb extensions. Pretty much I just can't open the archive. So, someone help me with this ;P

But, I did manage to get FreeDO up and running on the xbox, even though it is windows based, just because it's simply an executable. Booted up XDSL, installed wine, FTPed FreeDO, booted up the bios, and was good to go....

This might actually go somewhere, if there's interest, input, any thing...I'm just throwing this out there, that it is possible...as I'm just learning as I go along...so someone with more expertise make take it towards a decent direction...either that or I may learn some more

2. Games   -   #2
    brento's Avatar Poster
    is this the 360? or the original xbox?

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    The Original....