Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: What.CD vs Waffles...

Swepsycho's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggi View Post
    Which lossless trackers would be the best?
    e**** is best...

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post

Well said. Especially with the tagging bullshit. I cannot stand grabbing an album from What/Waffles only to find out the tags are a mess, and I have to go through and re-tag everything myself since the uploader didn't show a little care and do it him/herself before putting it on the tracker.

This is understandable if you grabbed the album from slsk, a forum, or even Demonoid. But that shouldn't be on trackers that specialize in music. And don't get me wrong, I think W/W are great sites with impressive archives(no matter what others think) and those rare gems. But they're always my last stop for an album.

Agree 100%. And i think the uploader do not care at all because he / she only upload something to build ratio. It's not about to share, it's about ratio.

IMO W/W are great music sites, but for real audiophiles, the lossless trackers are the right places.
    i have to disagree on this one.
    most of the V0 rips i've downloaded so far on both sites are well-made and the selection is way larger than any lossless tracker.
    ok, sometimes, tracks are not tagged, descriptions are empty and you have to check the filelist in order to see the tracklisting but hey, when you find stuffs that are not available in lossless sites (nor anywhere else), you simply can't turn your nose up at lossy formats unless you are an audiophile wanker rather than a melomaniac. for me, the technical aspect is important but it remains secondary: music is all that matters.
    Last edited by cinephilia; 10-01-2009 at 10:17 AM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    $SnoopDo2G$'s Avatar Don Doggy BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Waflle all the way !!! tho last stuff i grabbed got one track with fail CRC

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Rafa's Avatar ... BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    most of the V0 rips i've downloaded so far on both sites are well-made and the selection is way larger than any lossless tracker.
    ok, sometimes, tracks are not tagged, descriptions are empty and you have to check the filelist in order to see the tracklisting but hey, when you find stuffs that are not available in lossless sites (nor anywhere else), you simply can't turn your nose up at lossy formats unless you are an audiophile wanker rather than a melomaniac. for me, the technical aspect is important but it remains secondary: music is all that matters.

Of course music is all, but i want music with quality, if possible.

If i can grab a proper FLAC rip from lossless tracker, i don't think twice.

If the lossless tracker don't have that album i want, i'll search in W/W, and if i can't find a lossless rip anywhere, i grab a lossy one with pleasure.

Don't get me wrong, i love W/W and i'm very proud to be member of both, but i am a FLAC lover and sometimes it is very difficult to content myself with a lossy rip... oh well, maybe it's only me...

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Il_Professore's Avatar InSaNe_CloWn
    both are must have sites...

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    what was a disappointment for me. despite their size it seems they lack some genres almost completely.
    i could get more of (techno, dance) my stuff from every second blog around the corner via rapidshare.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Torn's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    I remember when Waffles and What first started... everyone was saying what.cd was crap and that the 15 year old creator (Noah?) had no experience and blah blah blah. Well, I guess they were wrong.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    I like What.cd's collection a little more, but I have an easier time with ratio's on Waffles, because my seeded torrents get alittle more traffic on waffles.

So If I need to download something, I check waffles first, what.cd second.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    oh ... What.CD, bummer i can't use it because my whole country IP range is banned [ISRAEL}

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    cabedna's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    Waffles has a nicer atmosphere. What has better selection.

I choose waffles.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast