Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this guy serious?

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Completely different scenario and not comparable.
    Besides, Bush et al DID lie...repeatedly and with aforethought, hundreds of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 246
    "Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States
    Please point out what part of this exclusion is ambiguous to you and Wilson.

You cite Wilson's alleged expertise...what committee and what portion of what bill is Wilson such an expert on?
    He's a duplicitous moron, not possessed of the basic manners expected from preschoolers.

You think we're crybabies...just wait.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4 View Post
    Do you see direct cause-and-effect here?

Is criticism of Obama off-limits to other-than-blacks?
    Wtf man?! Is this Bizarro World now?

You actually think what Wilson did was cool? That wasn't criticism. That was a fucking heckle during a speech. We ain't in Parliament.

This is a prime example of "if this was done to Bush, you'd be up in arms".
    Last edited by Busyman; 09-16-2009 at 11:34 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clocker View Post
    Can you find a single example of similar behavior from a Democrat towards Bush?
    Yes. How can you not remember Bush being called a liar by Pete Stark on the House floor in his last year? Not once, but twice. No one ever called for a Pete Stark rebuke that I recall, and that scenario was a big story.

I also don't agree with Joe Wilson speaking out in such a way towards the President in a public forum, much less a televised one. He offered an apology, and the recipient of the comment accepted it. There's nothing left to do, and I can assure you I would have the same opinion regardless of who it was.

You also need to consider why he barked out the comment. Wilson is on the committee that is writing that portion of the bill. He knows the information contained therein and better than perhaps anyone else in Congress (except for the other committee members). He has gone on a show or two since that night and has made it clear that Obama was flat out lying about government benefits not covering illegals. Think about how he felt as he sat there knowing full well the President was lying through his teeth to everyone in attendance and to the cameras.

EDIT: Well, he's "rebuked". Fucking petty bullshit. Makes the Dems look like the crybabies they are.
    Dude, you are one of the most clueless individuals on here.

It doesn't matter why he barked the comment. You don't think people wanted to curse Bush while he making some his speech on national television? Sure, they keep their fucking mouth shut.

Show me a link to Obama lying about the illegal health coverage. Point to something to show me you aren't full of shit.

Go for it. Go.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I don't defend Wilson, but given this "racist" charge, I think we can easily say that the left, as constituted here on the board and elsewhere, subscribes to the following-

Barack Obama and his policies are inherently beyond reproach, and so it follows any criticism levelled at him is racist in origin.

Just think - until now, it was commonly accepted (even in our scrupulously non-secular culture) that perfection was unattainable.

We have before us an apparent refutation of that old chestnut.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    I don't defend Wilson, but given this "racist" charge, I think we can easily say that the left, as constituted here on the board and elsewhere, subscribes to the following-

Barack Obama and his policies are inherently beyond reproach, and so it follows any criticism levelled at him is racist in origin.

Just because you "can easily say" it doesn't mean it's true.
    Obama is not beyond reproach, it's simply that you have used lies and misdirection instead of fact to do so.
    What you call "criticism" has been nothing less than a tsunami of bullshit, specifically designed to hinder the administration's attempt to implement policies that the majority of Americans voted for and still want.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    惡魔的提倡者
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post
    Can you find a single example of similar behavior from a Democrat towards Bush?
    Yes. How can you not remember Bush being called a liar by Pete Stark on the House floor in his last year? Not once, but twice. No one ever called for a Pete Stark rebuke that I recall, and that scenario was a big story.
    How can you not remember the censure vote if you can remember the incident itself?

Boehner introduced a censure resolution. It didn't pass. Pelosi wasn't happy that it didn't pass and made it very clear. Stark actually did apologize.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,304304,00.html

Note the difference between the two motions. The dems. just had a motion of disapproval, the lowest "punishment", while the reps. wanted censure, just one short of expulsion.
    Last edited by devilsadvocate; 09-16-2009 at 12:55 PM.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17

Just because you "can easily say" it doesn't mean it's true.
    Obama is not beyond reproach, it's simply that you have used lies and misdirection instead of fact to do so.
    What you call "criticism" has been nothing less than a tsunami of bullshit, specifically designed to hinder the administration's attempt to implement policies that the majority of Americans voted for and still want.
    So, "I don't like what Obama has to say about health-care reform; I think his ideas will have a negative effect and will be of no help in accomplishing his stated goal" is disallowed, huh?

Especially because I'm not part of your majority?

If you feel I am misunderstanding something here, please enlighten me.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    So, "I don't like what Obama has to say about health-care reform; I think his ideas will have a negative effect and will be of no help in accomplishing his stated goal" is disallowed, huh?
    That's actually the first time you've personally said anything about the health plan and no, that's not disallowed.
    Prior to that statement you've allowed the wingnut right- "death panel" believers and those convinced that the little brown people will somehow get better treatment than they- to lead the conversation.

So Kev, what specifically are your concerns?
    Are you so happy with your personal health insurance options that you don't think anything could be better?
    Do you believe that the for-profit, corporate insurance industry is acting in your best interests?

I'll take it as a given that anything government mandated is an anathema to you although I find it amusing that even the most ardent opposers of the "government take over" of health care are BIG fans of TRICARE...even Joe Wilson, who stated "TRICARE provides world class health care".
    The contortions that he and his ilk have to perform so as not to offend their military constituents- and not insignificantly, wrap themselves in the American flag as "patriots"- while railing against similar options for everybody else are truly worthy of Cirque de Soliel.

And I have to see any of the naysayers in Congress resign from the health plan they are offered- or, to be more accurate, have granted themselves- and subject themselves to the tender mercies of Cigna or Wellpoint.

So, go ahead.
    Elucidate...

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19

Just think - until now, it was commonly accepted (even in our scrupulously non-secular culture) that perfection was unattainable.

You don't rebuke Wilson either. Neither has the Republican party.

Hasn't Wilson raised a ton o' money for his outburst.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman View Post

You don't rebuke Wilson either. Neither has the Republican party.

Hasn't Wilson raised a ton o' money for his outburst.
    I am not in a position to "rebuke" Wilson; I do believe he should have held his tongue, however, and I agree that he should have apologized, which he did.

Do you want reparations, ffs.

BTW-

I have decided, having listened to B.O.'s U.N. speech, that he no longer warrants my reference to him as B.O.

Henceforth he is SHIT-HEAD; this appellation to be capitalized and emboldened out of respect for his office, you see.

I suppose now I my ISP will be bullied into complicity over my interweb access...'goodbyes' may shortly be in order.
    Last edited by j2k4; 09-23-2009 at 07:36 PM.

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast