Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Usenet vs. Rapidshare

Hi I have used usenet in the past, but was now looking towards rapidshare. There site says it is SSL secured. As a premium member are all RS dls SSL secured? Also whats there daily DL limit? I know they had one in the past, but I can't find it on the site now.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    usenet ----> rapidshare is a major downgrade.

stick with usenet.
    An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    yeah no shit stick with Usenet, every upload/download via Rapidshit is monitored, and Rapidshare is giving uploaders IP's to authoritys.
    [center]

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by rimmi2002 View Post
    As a premium member are all RS dls SSL secured?
    No, plain http as far as I know.

Also whats there daily DL limit?
    5 GB/day accumulating up to 25 GB on your account. [conditions of use, IV. (2)]

Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    every upload/download via Rapidshit is monitored
    Similar to Usenet providers, they log your traffic + ip address, but not what you download.

@topic
    If you find everything you want on Usenet, I see no reason to change. There might be sites of interest that upload to RS, offering additional content.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Rapidsahre is logging what you upload/download, they handed stuff over, just Google it.
    [center]

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I doubt you will get many pro rapidshare post. This is a newsgroup section of this forum. It is not that expensive to have both anyway.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    I guess only reason for going for rapidshare is that is has a lot more variety than usenet...can't find a lot of the old tv shows on usenet or if they are there they are all in german or other foreign languages. I am using newzbin.com for indexing. Any other better indexing service?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Poster
    I have always been on the fence about Rapidshare. Somewhat over priced for what you get and no way to search the whole network, got to rely on people posting there own links. Oh yea, and the logging..screw that.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    ericab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I guess only reason for going for rapidshare is that is has a lot more variety than usenet...can't find a lot of the old tv shows on usenet or if they are there they are all in german or other foreign languages. I am using newzbin.com for indexing. Any other better indexing service?
    no not really; newzbin is basically the best.

supersearch is very good too...

and as for free indexers; https://nzbindex.com/
    is really starting to shine these days.

binsearch and newzleech seem to be slowly declining, both in turn around time, as well as reliability. newzleech especially.

An Excerpt from: A Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace
    by John Perry Barlow
    Governments of the Industrial World, you weary giants of flesh and steel, I come from Cyberspace, the new home of Mind. On behalf of the future, I ask you of the past to leave us alone. You are not welcome among us. You have no sovereignty where we gather [...] I declare the global social space we are building to be naturally independent of the tyrannies you seek to impose on us.
    Read more here

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Search German in any NZB serach eninge and you get all the shows you could ever want, and you can request them too. And you do know there are IRC's for requsting those odd ball shows too?
    [center]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast