Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student Kills Apparent Laptop/Playstation Burglar with Sword

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Student Kills Apparent Laptop/Playstation Burglar with Sword
    us.cnn.com/crime | Tue September 15, 2009

" (CNN) -- A Johns Hopkins University student killed an apparent burglar with a samurai sword after discovering the man in his garage, police said Tuesday.

Baltimore, Maryland, police received a phone call shortly before 1:30 a.m. Tuesday about a suspicious person, and an off-duty officer arrived at the scene with campus security, city police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

When authorities arrived, they heard calls for help and for police, he said. They discovered a suspected burglar with a severed left hand and severe lacerations to his upper body, Guglielmi said.

The suspect died at the scene, he said.

The man had entered a home where several Johns Hopkins students lived, Guglielmi said. Four students, one armed with a samurai sword, had confronted the suspect in the garage.

The man "lunged" at the students, and the student with the sword defended himself, severing the man's left hand and cutting his upper body, Guglielmi said.

Police did not release the name of the suspect, who Guglielmi said had a long criminal history, or that of the student.

Police questioned the three witnesses, Guglielmi said, and released them. It was not immediately clear whether all four students lived at the house, he said.

Authorities are determining whether the student will face criminal charges, Guglielmi said.

Burglars had taken two laptops and a Sony PlayStation from the students' home Monday, Guglielmi said.

The burglary suspect had been released from prison Saturday, Guglielmi said. "

Source: http://us.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/15/s...ing/index.html

2. Lounge   -   #2
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    If criminals knew every homeowner had a samurai sword, there would be less crime...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

Man with "long criminal history" is released from prison on Saturday.

Robs these people on Monday (and presumably others).

Comes back to rob them again on Tuesday while four people are home and is confronted, and ultimately killed after attempting to attack one of the residents.

Authorities are determining whether the student will face criminal charges? Sounds to me like he did the world a favor.

yo

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    I would go ninja too if anyone tries to take my PS3!

5. Lounge   -   #5
    SunKing's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Sushi View Post
    I would go ninja too if anyone tries to take my PS3!
    I couldn't agree more.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Video games DO translate to real life!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    My neighbour got two of those hanging in his window, they're like those "gtfo i have a dog"-signs except they're 10 times efficient.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    captive's Avatar speaks.his.mind
    swords are a pussys weapon, he should have used the ps3 to beat him with, in fact it would have been worth the guy trying to steal his ps3 just so you could beat him stupid with it.
    ///dont.let.the.bastards.get.you.down\\\

9. Lounge   -   #9
    lol @ captive.
    I think in Texas if someone goes on your property without you permission you can legally kill them, dunno if that's true now but people should at least be able to harm intruders, they wouldn't do it again, lol

10. Lounge   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiz View Post

Man with "long criminal history" is released from prison on Saturday.

Robs these people on Monday (and presumably others).

Comes back to rob them again on Tuesday while four people are home and is confronted, and ultimately killed after attempting to attack one of the residents.

Authorities are determining whether the student will face criminal charges? Sounds to me like he did the world a favor.
    Agreed, that's exactly what I got out of the story and I'm sure the courts will agree. The person who had the sword should have nothing to worry about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast