Thread: best anonymous bittorrent services

Question Mark

Looking for the best free service to conduct my downloads privately. Ive been DL for 6 years, today i got a infringement letter....thought i was safe but guess not.

thx guys.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    No where is 100% safe m8 as isps can detect what the traffic is
    Guess best option is get a server and rename the stuff b4 downloading but I am sure they can detect who has the server any hjow so that might be considered a worse offence.

In truth I guess we all taking the same risk when we download
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Yep there is always a risk, especially with bittorrent. I think anonymous bittorrent is kind of contradictory, because in order to use bittorrent you need to connect to other people, and no matter what you do that's not anonymous. You could FTP from a seedbox, or switch to DDL such as RS or usenet if you're really paranoid, and maybe find a service that offers SSL. But if you really want to be 100% safe, buy the stuff you want

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    well ive heard peergurdian was good, then ive also heard it will mess with your downloads. It works off the basis of re routing your IP every minute, so its untraceable...to basic programs, lol.

Then ive heard about phrotowall...not sure if its good or not.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    If you have the knowledge, or you're technically-minded and willing to google a bit and experiment, you might consider renting a normal offshore box and installing your own vpn proxy software. That way you'll have relative anonymity at the ISP level, and total control over the logging on the box, not to mention it should probably be cheaper than a dedicated vpn service.
    546f74616c6c792072616e646f6d20746578742e20416d617a696e671f20696e6e69742e

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pro267 View Post
    If you have the knowledge, or you're technically-minded and willing to google a bit and experiment, you might consider renting a normal offshore box and installing your own vpn proxy software. That way you'll have relative anonymity at the ISP level, and total control over the logging on the box, not to mention it should probably be cheaper than a dedicated vpn service.
    seems a bit expensive just to download doesnt it, might aswell use newsgroups instead.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by qmarkball View Post
    well ive heard peergurdian was good, then ive also heard it will mess with your downloads. It works off the basis of re routing your IP every minute, so its untraceable...
    No, it doesn't. PeerGurdian blocks specific addresses as it suspects them to be ,ubernodes´ sending bulk and collecting information.

Anyway, there is no definitive way to make sure if someone is a(n automated) snitch or not. "They" can use the same services we do.

It's based on the same principle as PG, another "blocklisting" tool. The usefulness has always been highly disputed.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    What tracker were you using?

Getting a letter means very little. They usually won't do anything. If you get served with a summons, then start panicking.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Shiite I am gonna install pg when I get home. I also suggest using a firewall and a list of ip to block in utorrent I got mine from midnight torrents.
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by qmarkball View Post
    well ive heard peergurdian was good, then ive also heard it will mess with your downloads. It works off the basis of re routing your IP every minute, so its untraceable...to basic programs, lol.

Peerguardian is completely different and imo, can only be harmful. It blocks IPs from a filter list, but do you really think the government would be dumb enough to use government ips when trying to nab someone? More likely than not its only going to block actual users if at all, causing more harm then good.