Thread: Securing torrent usage?

Question Mark

I use torrents. How can i become more secure?

I already force encrypt my connections. I use Pg2 and iblacklist. What else can i do to make sure my isp doesnt come and get me?

What is usenet? Is it worth the 30 bucks a month? Ps, im in the UK, will this affect usenet?

Yours

GeniusChr

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    get a seedbox..
    download all ur torrents from private trackers and then sftp everything to ur home PC.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    To be honest it makes no real difference what you use if they want to find you they will
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    james223's Avatar t0rrents BT Rep: +1
    If your on private trackers most of the time your fine.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by duckater View Post
    to be honest it makes no real difference what you use if they want to find you they will
    +1

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    seedbox +sftp nice decision
    n00bz0r is totaly right.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by aen View Post
    seedbox +sftp nice decision
    n00bz0r is totaly right.
    You can be traced as almost as easily thru a seed box as you can a home ip so how is that safe?
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    You can never be completely secure on torrents. You are making connections to other peers and they can always trace it back to you.

If you really want to be secure, you could shelve out 20-30$+ it takes to get a decent seedbox (where the files can still be traced back to you), or you could just get usenet as you said. 11$ a month Astraweb, DL through HTTPS and ISP can't read the packets you send. And theres no seeding or uploading to other people, which is even more insecure.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusChr View Post

What is usenet? Is it worth the 30 bucks a month? Ps, im in the UK, will this affect usenet?
    Yes usenet is definitely worth it. Way cheaper than a seedbox(a descent box at least). And i don't know too many people that shell out $30 a month for newsgroups anymore. Just go with Astraweb and pay $11 a month. Or you can get a block account if you're not a heavy downloader.

Go over to Newsgroups board and do some reading. You'll find out everything you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    And theres no seeding or uploading to other people, which is even more insecure.
    Secure you meant.
    Last edited by Funkin'; 09-18-2009 at 06:56 AM.