Thread: Weird Problems with Sound and Mouse in 7

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Alright, one of the most annoying things ever and I cannot find anything through Google, but in any browser I use, for some odd reason, my browser will mysteriously jump back a page clicking the left mouse button, it happens alot, I post something and get almost done and click submit and boom, it jumps back to the previous page....I don't h ave a fucken clue, but it really really pisses me off

Also, does anyone have a clue, why my monitor "mutes" itself everytime I start up? I have to physically un mute via clicking teh option on the monitor itself, annoying too. Also, when ever something starts playing it goes extremly load, but if I turn it down by 1 notch like going from 75 to 74 the sound level drops by 50% weird things going on.

I've used the mouse on XP and never had issues, only when I upgraded to 7, as for the monitor, didn't have with XP, so can't say for sure, and my mouse is a very outdated wirelsss mouse made by Memorex, very very cheapy, and using 'generic' drivers.

Any help would be appreciated, but from my perspective, looks like i just need to buy a new cordless mosue.
    [center]

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    No Idea Son , I'v got some funny hardware issues too . Wife's computer running Win 7 x86 has a wireless keyboard ( not } and mine on Win7 x64 has unknow device one minute gone the next . Device Manager says I have a High Def audio device , no shit .

Did not look for mobo drivers just win generic , maybe that's the problem ? All on all after the Vista cluster fuck win 7 is pretty impressive .

Did try Win Update and it found some newer drivers like network , monitor and Canon printer update . Nvidia card I did manually of course .
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-18-2009 at 01:10 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Well I realized my monitor doesn't do it all the time, did a few reboots to test it, and it does it 2 out 5 times.

The jump back page is really starting to wear on me...it happens every time I tried to copy and paste, and it will jump back to the previous page like I hit the back button or something....I disabled all mouse gestures in Firefox and Opera but both still do it, does Win 7 have mouse gestures? Chrome doesn't hardly do that at all, so I'm thinking something is screwy with FF and Opera, half tempted to do a clean install of FF, I have a profile backup I alwasy load when ever I do a feshi install, which has bookmarks, add-ons, themes, etc. Damned if I know, and my system is clean of virus's and malware, so I know it's not that, it's been ongoing since the final, I don't remember it doing it in the RC, but it might have...

I might if I remember to do a screencapture and post so ya'all can see what exaclty I'm talking about...anytime I copy and paste it will jump back, it's almost impossible to copy and paste inside of FF.
    [center]

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    I might recommend trying another mouse to see if it's your mouse screwing up.

A while ago I kinda slammed my mouse down on the table pretty hard in frustration, but it really wasn't smashing or chucking the mouse into the ground, so I didn't think twice about it. After that, for the longest time FF would act weirdly and randomly buttons wouldn't respond. I always thought it was Firefox's fault, but a couple weeks later I switched the mouse and the problem was fixed. I probably jammed some buttons partially when I slammed it down on the table.

Perhaps a long shot, but doesn't hurt to try XD

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I'd suggest looking to Power option settings , just an idea maybe something there .

My computer BSOD twice a day dam if I could understand why , stopped when set power options to "never , never ". Had a hell of a time with TuneUp 2009 too but settled for Win7 Manager , not too bad .

Had a hard time with Firefox 64 and just rolled back to Fox 32 bit all settings , bookmarks still there .. nice . Just rambling but find what can do .
    Last edited by peat moss; 09-18-2009 at 03:06 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Yeah I forgot the jump back thing happens in explorer to, like if i go from say C: to D: then to a folder then another folder, if I click something it will bounce back to the previous folder...
    [center]