Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: What.cd Banned me, for Ratiomaster

Maybe if people read rules and made sure what was expected of them on trackers they would not do this.
    To me not knowing is no excuse when if rules and faq are read it would not be a problem as would know it is not allowed

Just my 2 cents worth
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Okay, I used utorrent for only an extremely brief period of time, so don't remember all the options it has.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMan View Post
    we've got lots of data which says that you were uploading to no one on your uploads (7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back.

cheater!! didn't you hear whatMan just said. Your upload torrents have no peers, but you are still uploading. upload to who? It's not double uploading, not DHT. it's cheating. I suggest you learn how to cheat before making a post like this.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Zaxx's Avatar Ol' Skool P2P BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    I hate to say it, but I've done this before, thinking nothing of it....fucking utorrent shouldn't make it option, especially if DHT is disabled
    Haven't made that mistake before but I couldn't agree more.
    "It's not what ya got, it's what you give."
    Please do not PM me for invites. Thx.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    @ philau - That's a bit harsh, particularly considering this is your 9th post in a year of this ID. I read this whole thread, and while ignorance isn't an excuse, and reading the rules is a good lesson to learn, I would not go so far as to call this out as cheating to the max. If in doubt, read some of the massive stupidities that other posters write about when they make their "help me I've been banned from X" threads. I give the OP credit for being honest about how they messed up, and I'm sure they learned something from it.

my two cents to add to the tin.....
    Last edited by kallieb; 09-21-2009 at 02:03 AM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by philau View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMan View Post
    we've got lots of data which says that you were uploading to no one on your uploads (7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back.

cheater!! didn't you hear whatMan just said. Your upload torrents have no peers, but you are still uploading. upload to who? It's not double uploading, not DHT. it's cheating. I suggest you learn how to cheat before making a post like this.

Actually, you are ignorant philau. It would be double uploading, if he had waffles.fm and what.cd in the same tracker list of the same torrent. He could be uploading data to peers on waffles, yet it would also show uploaded data on what...so, shut up, philau..Your harshness pissed me off..

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeCandy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by philau View Post

Actually, you are ignorant philau. It would be double uploading, if he had waffles.fm and what.cd in the same tracker list of the same torrent. He could be uploading data to peers on waffles, yet it would also show uploaded data on what...so, shut up, philau..Your harshness pissed me off..
    Double seeding is cheating regardless of what you think, and even if you do not know that it is against the rule.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    n00bz0r's Avatar Say what? BT Rep: +5
    duh.. close this thread.
    The question has been answered by Whatman..
    no need to drag it on..
    The OP is NOT getting his account back.. Period!

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Let me just say again that I highly doubt that the OP didn't understand at first that what he was doing was cheating. I mean, it's just common sense... Even if utorrent has this supposedly confusing "Add Tracker" option (and I don't remember this option because I don't remember anything about utorrent), I highly doubt that it would ever confuse the OP.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well this thread is better than most. Maybe it will teach some passers by that they might benefit from reading the rules/FAQ on sites, so they don't end up in the same boat as the OP

Much more productive than half the threads here... or maybe closer to 95%

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast