Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What.cd Banned me, for Ratiomaster

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    That means when you're uploading to another site it will count on whatcd as well, and vice-versa. Hopefully you don't get banned on waffles as well assuming it was the other site you upped the appz to. I don't know of any private tracker that allows using the same torrent (file) on multiple sites.

Make a new torrent for a new site is the proper way to upload, hope you learn from your mistake.
    Last edited by TrueSounds; 09-20-2009 at 01:04 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    I've done it for so long now without knowing it could cause anything. Never been banned or warned for it before. I have 5-6 trackers and if I download something from say tracker X. I download the same file from tracker Y.. Now some sites makes it's own "torrent", and some site asks "This file already exists, would you like to load trackers from it" or something similiar. I always chose yes, believing that it was the clients way of making everything clean in the UI, not that if I download from tracker A, then B "gets the same info".

And this was what I wanted to find out, WHAT was it that made me banned. And now that I found out I am happy, I don't feel like being banned from another tracker. As I mentioned earlier, I pay for a seedbox giga from seedbox.fr and a seedbox 100/100 from a swedish guy. I would not pay for two seedboxes + my own internet if I were a cheater. I can't prove anything and I am not here to prove anything, as someone said, the logs on what.cd says more then I can. However, i still say it: I did not cheat.

I am writing here also explaining the rest because maybe someone else with similiar case reads this and can hopefully prevent being banned.

And please, once again, not everyone heard about this site, and just cause my first post was this thread don't mean I make a duplicate account, admins are more then welcome to check.

Maybe you have trolls here, or people without not brave enough to say with their real name. But if you are not brave enough, on the internet, you should stay home in the kindergarden.

Just because you find 99 apples that were bad, don't mean the 100th would be, give people a benefit of a doubt because trust me, not everyone has bad intentions. Some people makes errors without really knowing them, like in my case. And directly, without knowing me or the background story you judge me.

That's wrong.

Ok, once again, thanks for everything and for clarifying verything for me.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    lisabritpop's Avatar godwillblesslisa
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlitas View Post
    I am sorry to disappoint but I do not see my self as a cheater. I've made a thread about this on another forum and they said that it might have todo with me double uploading.

I upload my files on several trackers and then it asks me if I want to "add this tracker" in utorrent. I chose ofcourse yes, because if i pick no it does not add anything.

I was not here to get my account back, If i would've gotten it back, I would not complain, but I wrote here because I was acused of ratiocheating and that was unfair. If I ratiocheat I would not cheat only with 40 gig..

Secondly I am not honored as someone told me to be because whatman looked into my case. I am happy he took his time and that's appreciated.

All I wanted was an explanation to what I did wrong.

Anyways, thanks
    Though it still seems a hugh mistake,your attitude is sincere and quite..hope next time you'll never make the same mistake Gool luck
    Misfortune tests the sincerity of friends.....

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Chief_Garbonzo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    ive seen forums posts elsewhere, and even heard co-workers talking about how they do this, the "add this tracker" thing... and none of them have ever got caught.. i told them its wrong, but oh wells. to the OP, I really respect your honesty with telling us about you adding multiple trackers.

no pain, no gain. we remember from our mistakes. good luck tho

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I am sorry to disappoint but I do not see my self as a cheater. I've made a thread about this on another forum and they said that it might have todo with me double uploading.

I upload my files on several trackers and then it asks me if I want to "add this tracker" in utorrent. I chose ofcourse yes, because if i pick no it does not add anything.

I was not here to get my account back, If i would've gotten it back, I would not complain, but I wrote here because I was acused of ratiocheating and that was unfair. If I ratiocheat I would not cheat only with 40 gig..

Secondly I am not honored as someone told me to be because whatman looked into my case. I am happy he took his time and that's appreciated.

Anyways, thanks
    Now that made sense,but why didn't you say it earlier?
    Anyways,the last fellow I recall being banned over this got his account back after some serious ass chewing on here...You should also check with waffles to avoid being banned on there too as advised.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by sez View Post
    Now that made sense,but why didn't you say it earlier?
    Anyways,the last fellow I recall being banned over this got his account back after some serious ass chewing on here...You should also check with waffles to avoid being banned on there too as advised.

I did not say it earlier because I did even not think about it for a second, more less know it was a bad thing. It was after whatman said "There was some kind of cheating" I started asking around. In one forum one guy asked me if I add multiply trackers and I said yes and he then explained that it might be the reason.

Maybe this is not the right forum then I will ask in the proper place.

Ps: Is someone else getting "page can not be found" when replying/quoting etc? I get 3 x http:/filesharing.com/vb3/

Similiar to this: http:/filesharing.com/vb3/http:/filesharing.com/vb3/http:/filesharing.com/vb3/http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3293047
    ds.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    To be quite honest it seems to me, that you skip reading rules of sites and that's the main reason why you are banned. Not knowing that seeding the same file on multiple trackers could be forgiven I guess (although you would find that out by reading the FAQ), but that coupled with
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMan View Post
    ...(7 of which have now been deleted for breaking the rules, by the way), so you aren't getting your account back.
    uploading torrents where almost 75% do not comply with the rules, also means you didn't read the uploading rules, or at least didn't read and understand them.

Honest mistake maybe, but one which could have been easily avoided, if you read the rules and FAQ. Part of this maybe due to your inviter not telling you to, but still that's the first thing you should do on any tracker.
    Last edited by Night0wl; 09-20-2009 at 02:00 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    This is why it's a good idea to read the rules of every tracker. I suppose most people think of the rules as something which is there on every torrent site and they don't need to read it. Something like the License Agreement present in all software applications. I am pretty sure a very small portion of us read the EULA before clicking I Accept. But rules of trackers are a different case. You need to have thorough knowledge of the rules, especially on a tracker like what.cd where user uploads are permitted.

The rules.php of what.cd explicity mentions this in the Golden rules:

Quote Originally Posted by What.cd Rules
    Any torrent you are seeding to this tracker must only have our tracker's URL in it. Adding another tracker's URL will cause incorrect data to be sent to our tracker, and will lead to you getting disabled for cheating.
    Last edited by redMonster; 09-20-2009 at 02:26 PM.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    OlegL's Avatar Poster
    Actually, it's hard for me to believe that the OP of this thread didn't know that adding the URLs of other trackers to his torrents would be cheating.

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster BT Rep: +4

Anyways, thanks

I hate to say it, but I've done this before, thinking nothing of it....fucking utorrent shouldn't make it option, especially if DHT is disabled

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast