Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have IPT, why would I want something else for general?

Poster BT Rep: +2
    I'm curious, what advantages might I gain by having something other than IPT? They seem to max my 16m connection, have shows a few hours after they're aired (and sometimes much before) and have a pretty deep collection along with a wide variety of packs and freeleech...is there anything else I'd be missing?

It seems like many people here say the hard to get trackers are more trouble than they're worth in the end. Is this true?

I have some other specialty sites like bitme, best mma, etc. too, I'm really only interested in hearing the comparison with general trackers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    I've been a member at IPT for over 3 years and in that time they have really come of age. In all probability you are unlikely to find much more on the other general trackers as most have pretty much the same stuff. Retention varies from tracker to tracker and in comparison IPT's retention is pretty good....a lot better than most of the trackers that are pursued.

If you're thinking about trying to get into other general trackers then I wouldn't bother unless you're either a forum whore or you care about getting the 0day stuff 5 minutes faster.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    I've been a member at IPT for over 3 years and in that time they have really come of age. In all probability you are unlikely to find much more on the other general trackers as most have pretty much the same stuff. Retention varies from tracker to tracker and in comparison IPT's retention is pretty good....a lot better than most of the trackers that are pursued.

If you're thinking about trying to get into other general trackers then I wouldn't bother unless you're either a forum whore or you care about getting the 0day stuff 5 minutes faster.
    +1 not been there long but got to agree good tracker
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post

well said!

alltho i am on a few "high level" trackers and I find basicly the very same things on there, with just as good download speeds as i get from them atleast the general stuff as movies,tv shows etc lol

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    /me is waiting for merwais praises about IPT
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    IPT has everything and is very underrated - Good pre times, FL Packs, Nice encoders, Easy to get a high ratio, Seed bonus.

You don't have to wait 24hrs before you download a torrent.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Interesting, thanks guys for your opinions, I was kind of hoping it was this way!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED
    Go get a Tl to use has a backup to Ipt

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    merwais's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    /me is waiting for merwais praises about IPT
    hahahahaha

You know it mate, IPT Vs All other trackers

I am in what.cd and IPTorrents. No need other trackers.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    harshytkage's Avatar Tarders BEWARE! BT Rep: +2
    Ipt is teh Shitte!!!
    YOu don't need anything else!
    Spoiler: Show

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast