- No folder memory. People have asked for this for years. Where is it?!
- No native customization options for folders, drives, etc. Why do I have to download RocketDock, Objectbar, WindowBlinds, IconPackager, Rainmeter, Ultramon and AveDesk just to change the basic look of my desktop??
- Microsoft.com - I go to see what the latest news is on Windows 7. I go to Microsoft.com and get a big popup about Bing. I don't even look at it. I find the corner and click the 'X'. No sooner do I do that does another very small popup appear in the top left corner; something about IE8. I tell it to fuck off and again hit the 'X'. I click the picture to "Take a Tour" of Windows 7. I'm then prompted to install some "Microsoft Silverlight" nonsense. Fuck that. Not doing it. No way Jose.
- Everything native sucks.
- Windows Media Player - Sucks. Do I really need to expand here? Does any one single person on this whole planet use WMP for all of their media needs?
- Native UnZip tool. Sucks. The ever present "There is already a file with the same name..." when there isn't is one of the most annoying things ever in an OS. It's right up there with the permissions bullshit.
- That brings me to my next point. Fuck permissions. You released like 5 or 6 different versions of Vista and you'll be releasing 7 versions of Windows 7. Will there be a l33t version for all of us who have used a computer more than four times in the last decade? Give grandma the edition with permissions and stay out of my way.
- Native burning software. Sucks. I tested the burning software built into Windows 7 for a short time and it seemed ok, but I'm on Vista right and it sucks, same as it did for XP, for 98, 95.......
- Internet Explorer. Sucks. Every fucking thing about it, sucks. Are you purposely trying to piss off everyone by making some of your pages not work in Firefox? FFS, aren't you a coding company??
- Viruses. Fix it so we can't get viruses, trojans, malware, worms, and whatever else is out there or include a good (and unobtrusive) anti-virus with the OS. Or better yet, this is 2009 ffs... how about rebuilding the OS from the ground up. Windows is like 20 years old now and it seems like not much has changed except the UI. You can't fix a faulty program by throwing more features at it.
That's all for now. I'm sure I'll think of more.
Feel free to add your own.