Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Cooler

Poster
    I'm currently looking to replace my stock heatsink/fan with one a bit more powerful. anyone have any ideas into which one i should get? ive got a AMD Xp 2000+, which currently idle's at 57c, system temp is usually around 25c though.

I've been looking at the Coolermaster CP5-8JD1F-0L, from here

Is that good for the price? Or does anyone know any better ones at a similar price.

Thanks in Advance!

Edit Just seen This One is it any better? thnx!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    The Aero 7 in your second link is better. There is also a copper one just like it Aero 7+.

http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=e...V73+Aero%207%2B

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i disrecommend the Aero 7+ Lite, it gives fairly good cooling, but its really loud - it is fairly cheap though
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    I really like this one but it's expensive:

http://www.overclockers.com/articles806/

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    I tried going to the Coolermaster web site. About the only think that worked was a picture of a Jet plane, with accompanying loud roar followed by REALLY annoying music - I wonder if this is indicative of their products.

Seriously though, their web site (when I got it to work) conspicuously omits noise levels for the Aero 7 series, although it includes them for some of the other models, for example the new Jet 7 at 21-41db, which is still a little noisy at full speed.

I use this, which is a little more expensive, but keeps my cpu (XP2400+) at 35C under load.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    does anyone know any good coolers excpet the ones that i pointed out, i dont want to spend that much though! (£15 max)

@ lynx is the one got load? by the way ccl computers is well near my house!

@ Virtualbody1234, ive seen the copper version of the aero 7+, i can get it for £20, is it good and is that a good price?

thanks again!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    _John_Lennon_'s Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Kunal@5 October 2003 - 12:23
    does anyone know any good coolers excpet the ones that i pointed out, i dont want to spend that much though! (£15 max)

@ Virtualbody1234, ive seen the copper version of the aero 7+, i can get it for £20, is it good and is that a good price?

thanks again!
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/

There's one UK site that has some options, but its rather limited than what I use.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Kunal@5 October 2003 - 17:23
    I'm not sure what you are asking here, but that temp is after running the cpu flat out for about half an hour.

Current price for that cooler is £14.10 including vat. If it's local then you can call in and get it, save the P&P. If you phone up and order it, you don't have to wait while they pick it from the warehouse.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by lynx+5 October 2003 - 17:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 5 October 2003 - 17:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Kunal@5 October 2003 - 17:23
    @ lynx is the one got load? by the way ccl computers is well near my house&#33;
    I&#39;m not sure what you are asking here, but that temp is after running the cpu flat out for about half an hour.

Current price for that cooler is £14.10 including vat. If it&#39;s local then you can call in and get it, save the P&P. If you phone up and order it, you don&#39;t have to wait while they pick it from the warehouse. [/b][/quote]
    i ment noisy&#33; sorry im a useless speller&#33;

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    ive just realised the aero 7/7+ will not fit on to my motherboard&#33; , and dont think the one u pointed out lynx will either because there sum diode type things about 7.5cm away from the center of the cpu, (its a ga-7va by the way) stupid gigabyte&#33;

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast