Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uTorrent Question

sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Hello guys! I decided to ask all of you. I thought that this is a better idea than contacting my ISP. I am sure that you are more into torrenting than they are

So ... i have one problem --> when i seed several torrents, big torrents (50,60,80,GB) for a while with a very good speed (several MB/sec) my machine just stops working (start thinking, blinking ... you understood me ) and everything dies - browsing, seeding, everything contected with the torrents. I have to stop the torrents, then quit the uTorrent program and then after several seconds (30-60 sec.) everything starts again. I have a router but i am sure that the problem is not there, because without the router the situation is just the same. I am sure that the problem is not in the ISP.

Any suggestions?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Try µTorrent 2.0 beta (latest build 16515). You can download it from µT forums.
    Live long and prosper.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sake's Avatar V12 BiTurbo BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wanderer View Post
    Try µTorrent 2.0 beta (latest build 16515). You can download it from µT forums.
    I tried it. Uneffective.

I returned back to 1.8.4

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Try changing the uTorrent cache settings and make sure that your HD can cope with the speeds. Turn off any firewall as well. It sounds like the cache overflow that seedbox users hate.

I would test the upload speed to find the point where everything stops (and then post it here).

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Yeah ... you are right. The catche settings but i don`t undestand anything there. Can you help me?

My HDD supports 7200rpm. It`s a good HDD (Seagate) and it`s new. So ... it`s ready to be tested

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Tricky to give good settings without knowing your max upload speed and computer memory. Try these as they work well on my seedbox.

Global connections: 200
    No of peers per torrent: 100
    No of upload slots per torrent: 50

Override cache size: 1gb (if you have 2gb or more memory otherwise try 128mb to 512mb)
    Untick the 'reduce memory usage' box

I go with all the advanced cache settings boxes ticked except the 'increase automatic cache size when cache thrashing'

The Global connections setting is a good way to test for a crap modem or router. If you work fine with 50 connections but speeds die with over 200 connections then chances are you are using a crap modem or router from your ISP.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    new_member's Avatar ∩∂√φδε BT Rep: +1
    may be
    net.max_halfopen 10-100?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Thank you very much for your help. The problem was in the "Maximum Upload Rate". People told me that i should reduce it. So, now i don`t have any problems ... i hope i won`t have in the future too.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I always set me upload at about 75% of it max when downloading and then set it back to 100% when nothing downloading as then it creates a faster speed when downloading and then when seeding get full benefits of your upload speed
    http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/Duckster666/DUCK.png
    Not looking for anything
    There are 10 kinds of people who know binary. Those who do, and those who don't.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckater View Post
    I always set me upload at about 75% of it max when downloading and then set it back to 100% when nothing downloading as then it creates a faster speed when downloading and then when seeding get full benefits of your upload speed
    Yeah, i understood that the uTorrent program is not able to work with fast speeds (3-4MB/sec) and that`s why you have to use some limitation. I think it`s true because now i don`t have these problems, but i have to admit that this is strange.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast