Thread: Intel Announces Mobile Quad-Core i7 For Laptops

Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    Intel Announces Mobile Quad-Core i7 For Laptops
    September 23, 2009 by Marcus Yam

" Clarksfield is here.

Now that Lynnfield has taken over the desktop space, Intel today unleashed its all new Nehalem architecture for those on the go.

Today at IDF, Intel introduced the Core i7 Mobile Processor and Core i7 Mobile Processor Extreme Edition today. The new processors, which were formerly codenamed Clarksfield, will be paired with the new PM55 Express chipset.

"With intelligent features like Intel Turbo Boost Technology, Intel Hyper-Threading Technology and a host of others, Intel has revolutionized the laptop PC processor, delivering performance when you need it, energy efficiency when you don’t," said Dadi Perlmutter, executive vice president and general manager, Intel Architecture Group. "For the first time, mobile users can choose a laptop that delivers Internet-server like speed, right in their laps for the most demanding tasks, from intense gaming to digital video editing and social media applications."

Gamers (or other power users who have to do real "work") will appreciate the Core i7 Extreme Edition's support for Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (Intel XMP) and Extreme Tuning Utility, making it possible to control the frequency of the memory and processor to tweak for both performance and battery life.

Pricing in 1,000 unit quantities for the Core i7-920XM, Core i7-820QM and Core i7-720QM mobile processors is $1,054, $546 and $364, respectively.

"

Source: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/int...ield,8725.html

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    Personally, I'm waiting for apple to step up and make their next line of computers i7 based but I have a big feeling they will wait it out. Early 2010 (first 3 months of the year) intel is releasing another version of laptop i7 that is physically smaller, much cooler, far more power efficient, and boosts to higher clock speeds. Why would they make a lineup of half assed i7's when they could wait 3 to 6 months for something much better? It would be more efficient for them to wait.
    Last edited by DanielleD87; 09-24-2009 at 04:47 AM.