Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Legalization of marijuana and jobs?

MrLex's Avatar n00b
    As people have said, It would be up to the company to stipulate their own rules. I doubt (unless they felt it was ruining the companies image or what not) that a company would bother specifically banning something that is legal for day to day use (same as with alcohol).

Its only going to be a problem when it starts affecting you ability to perform to a good standard at work (the same as with anything). I can't imagine many employers would be too happy to have any one turn up high off their ass... same as if you turned up drunk, hungover, really sick or whatever).
    Last edited by MrLex; 09-26-2009 at 12:32 AM.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    i am aagainst marijuana or any other drug become legal. it will destroy our society and create even more homeless people. if it's a drug, it harms you. so it cant be legal, and i hate people i know who smoke that shit and spend all day bragging they had a nice joint. and laugh a lot. it's bullshit and they should instead go drink beer or sth else.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    i am aagainst marijuana or any other drug become legal. it will destroy our society and create even more homeless people. if it's a drug, it harms you. so it cant be legal, and i hate people i know who smoke that shit and spend all day bragging they had a nice joint. and laugh a lot. it's bullshit and they should instead go drink beer or sth else.
    Wow what a hypocrite. You do know alcohol harms you too right?

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    alcohol only harms you if abuse it, drugs always harm you, and create more dependency than alcohol. you can't compare. one u buy inn supermarkets, the other is a criminal that sells you and deserved to be in jail.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Are you serious? It sounds like you have a lack of experience between the two, which IMO gives you little right to even comment.

Alcohol is addictive. Fact.
    Pot has no physical addictive properties or chemicals (naturally).

Alcohol (I looked it up and was surprised) was responsible for over 100,000 deaths in 2005 alone. Think of all the people each year through drunk driving, overdoses, diseases, etc.
    Marijuana (to my knowledge) has never had a single overdose death. Ever.

As mentioned above, alcohol is know to casue all sorts of afflictions, such as cirosis (spelling?) of the liver.
    Marijuana has not been shown to cause any sort of cancer. On the contrary, it has been shown to slow the progress of some cancers and ease the pain of those afflicted.

Marijuana, in my (vast) experiences is known to cause little more than excessive Twinkie consumption.

yo

6. Lounge   -   #16
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    alcohol only harms you if abuse it, drugs always harm you, and create more dependency than alcohol. you can't compare. one u buy inn supermarkets, the other is a criminal that sells you and deserved to be in jail.
    lol, ignorant much? lol, i'm still laughing. ur funny. i seriously hope ur just playing us with this attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiz
    Marijuana has not been shown to cause any sort of cancer. On the contrary, it has been shown to slow the progress of some cancers and ease the pain of those afflicted.
    within the last year (no idea where the article is) there was an article about that. in fact it is said it does not & would not cause cancer. for the chemical THC attaches itself to the already dying cells in the body. in cigarettes, the toxic chemicals in it, attach themselves to newer cells that linger in the body and by which cause those cells to get canceress.

within that THC link i posted it says this. "One estimate of Cannabis's LD50 for humans indicates that about 1500 pounds (680 kilograms) of Cannabis would have to be smoked within 15 minutes."

lol, there's no way in hell that could be done.
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Lounge   -   #17
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    I wonder if people even think?

Do you honestly think they'll legalize it and it'll all be hunky dory?

You'll eventually pay tax on it, you'll probably have "in moderation" approach, It won't be worth as much.

Leave it all underground and we'll be happy
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

8. Lounge   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    alcohol only harms you if abuse it, drugs always harm you, and create more dependency than alcohol.
    Where are you getting this 'fact' from?
    you can't compare. one u buy inn supermarkets, the other is a criminal that sells you and deserved to be in jail.
    So weed shouldn't be legal because.... it's illegal?
    Wow what an argument...

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Else View Post
    Certain jobs do have no-alcohol rules. Fitbaw for instance.
    Obviously Best and Baxter were exempt.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    On the actual topic, if the drug becomes legal then an employer would expect you to turn for work straight just as they would expect you to turn up sober but I doubt they could insist on blood tests to see if you took a legal substance a week past Tuesday.

Activities such as sport which do not allow drugs legal or illegal would almost certainly have a different approach - although in the case of grass one could hardly say it was performance enhancing unless it was an international sleepathon.
    Last edited by Biggles; 09-26-2009 at 09:54 PM.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast